Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Has there been any contact with the developer? Or is he still MIA?

For the users who still have a working version: What version are you running? (1.16 and1.17 do not work for me on a 650)
    I e-mailed the developer and on May 25 received this reply:

"We are moving to the new server and I hope to get these issues resolved in the next couple of days. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Roustem"

Weather forecast retrieval function does not work at all.....
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauch View Post
    I e-mailed the developer and on May 25 received this reply:

"We are moving to the new server and I hope to get these issues resolved in the next couple of days. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Roustem"
    Must be a loooong way to that new server.
    The problem seems to be fixed. I can download forecasts for my home and other locations.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauch View Post
    The problem seems to be fixed. I can download forecasts for my home and other locations.....
    Me too
    Well, it seems that TreoAlarm is finally dead!

- I have been unable to obtain weather updates for almost a week.
    - The emails I sent to support@treoalarm.com are being returned, as well as the one for "info@softwaretrenches.com".
    - The TreoAlarm webpage (www.treoalarm.com) talks about future updates after July 2007, but it has been almost six months and nothing new has come along.
    - And no explanation whatsoever.

Ironically, the developer's website: softwaretrenches.com last entry makes a mention about bad Customer Service on an Apple OS product. However, he doesn't make any mention about his own lack of customer attention.

Pretty sad, since TreoAlarm is my favorite alarm application, and I relied on its data-efficient (using Rogers Wireless' rip-off data plans) weather forecast feature.

The following is the text of the email I've been sending him, in case he reads it on this forum:

"Hi Roustem,

For the last couple of days, I’ve been unable to obtain proper weather information on TreoAlarm v.1.17. I just get a bunch of characters between brackets “<>”.

Also, for a few months, I am not getting the weather info for the third day. It just skips it.

I bought this software back in June 6, 2006, and on my Treo it shows an expiration date of December 31, 2007. Is this project being abandoned? TreoAlarm’s website hasn’t been updated in a long time, and it seems that no further development is going on, which is a shame, since this piece of software is excellent.

Please let me know what’s the update on this.

All the best,

Jose R. Gutierrez"

Is anybody else having issues with TreoAlarm lately, or is it just me?
    Last edited by jrgutierrez; 01/30/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgutierrez View Post
    Well, it seems that TreoAlarm is finally dead!

- I have been unable to obtain weather updates for almost a week.
    - The emails I sent to support@treoalarm.com are being returned, as well as the one for "info@softwaretrenches.com".
    - The TreoAlarm webpage (www.treoalarm.com) talks about future updates after July 2007, but it has been almost six months and nothing new has come along.
    - And no explanation whatsoever.

Ironically, the developer's website: softwaretrenches.com last entry makes a mention about bad Customer Service on an Apple OS product. However, he doesn't make any mention about his own lack of customer attention.

Pretty sad, since TreoAlarm is my favorite alarm application, and I relied on its data-efficient (using Rogers Wireless' rip-off data plans) weather forecast feature.

The following is the text of the email I've been sending him, in case he reads it on this forum:

"Hi Roustem,

For the last couple of days, Iíve been unable to obtain proper weather information on TreoAlarm v.1.17. I just get a bunch of characters between brackets ď<>Ē.

Also, for a few months, I am not getting the weather info for the third day. It just skips it.

I bought this software back in June 6, 2006, and on my Treo it shows an expiration date of December 31, 2007. Is this project being abandoned? TreoAlarmís website hasnít been updated in a long time, and it seems that no further development is going on, which is a shame, since this piece of software is excellent.

Please let me know whatís the update on this.

All the best,

Jose R. Gutierrez"

Is anybody else having issues with TreoAlarm lately, or is it just me?
    I'm using 1.16 and I just updated the weather with no problem at all. I use the alarm every morning. I don't have it set to auto update weather. I update it when I want to.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    If I rememebr correctly the developer abandoned the program and was working in an updated version but that was like a year ago. My emails I have sent have been getting bounced back for the last year.I can still update the weather but there are some days it does not work. But most days it does.
    This is posted on the website when you go to purchase it. Its been on there since early 2007.

TreoAlarm is currently under redevelopment and not available for purchase.

You can download the trial version that will be functioning for free until (at least) end of July 2007.
    How do you make the weather update automatically? BTW ver 1.17, updates weather fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    How do you make the weather update automatically? BTW ver 1.17, updates weather fine.
    When you set an alarm, you have the option to update weather or time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I'm using 1.16 and I just updated the weather with no problem at all. I use the alarm every morning. I don't have it set to auto update weather. I update it when I want to.
    Update:

Well, I noticed that I can get the current weather using the Yahoo Weather service only. If I use the Canadian service, then I get the error characters mentioned on my previous post. However, using the Yahoo service, many of the temperature readings show in Fahrenheit, instead of Celsius only, as I set it on my preferences. I have to do mental calculations every time, which is not practical, nor precise.

Anybody else experiencing similar results?
    Last edited by jrgutierrez; 02/08/2008 at 08:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Ive been trying to email support@treoalarm.com for the past week... emails bounce back
    I love gadgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy View Post
    Ive been trying to email support@treoalarm.com for the past week... emails bounce back
    Yes, that's being going on for quite some time.
    In the old FWIW department, I am using version 0.96a using Yahoo weather and it is working fine even though the "evaluation" expired on Dec 31 2007. Weather updates fine and always has except for about a week this past summer when it didn't update for some reason.

This is still the best alarm program for me thanks to the HUGE snooze button and easy UI on the multiple alarms. The weather is a nice feature as well, but even without it, this would still be my alarm program.

Can't understand why nobody has copied this format, maybe jazzed it up some, and put it back out for people. I know I couldn't do it, but it does not look that complicated compared to other apps out there.
    I LOVE this app and the (yahoo) weather is working perfectly for me (Eureka, USA).... and yeah, that HUGE snooze button rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    In the old FWIW department, I am using version 0.96a using Yahoo weather and it is working fine even though the "evaluation" expired on Dec 31 2007. Weather updates fine and always has except for about a week this past summer when it didn't update for some reason.

This is still the best alarm program for me thanks to the HUGE snooze button and easy UI on the multiple alarms. The weather is a nice feature as well, but even without it, this would still be my alarm program.

Can't understand why nobody has copied this format, maybe jazzed it up some, and put it back out for people. I know I couldn't do it, but it does not look that complicated compared to other apps out there.
    Weather works fine for me as well. Glad to hear another snoozer. I'm a huge snoozer. My wife hates it. TreoAlarm is the only app that I have found with the HUGE snooze button. The other apps I tried I had to hit it just right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Weather works fine for me as well. Glad to hear another snoozer. I'm a huge snoozer. My wife hates it. TreoAlarm is the only app that I have found with the HUGE snooze button. The other apps I tried I had to hit it just right.

Yup, nothing beats TA'z Snooze button. Why in the world no other program has picked up on it is beyond me.

BTW, what version of TA are you using? I downloaded the most recent one but have been reluctant to install it since my old one works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Yup, nothing beats TA'z Snooze button. Why in the world no other program has picked up on it is beyond me.

BTW, what version of TA are you using? I downloaded the most recent one but have been reluctant to install it since my old one works well.
    I'm using 1.16
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    It seems that this application has a popular following. I still use the alarm clock features, even though the weather portion does not work.

And, the developer seems to have abandoned the software.

So, anyone got the developer chops to write a new program that is similar (don't forget that ever-popular snooze button!)?

I am sure that folks would pay for the software. I paid for TreoAlarm and would gladly purchase an equivalent replacement.

BTW, I have looked at the other apps out there and did not find any to be quite the same as TreoAlarm.

Cheers,

aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)