1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me a good program to use to control all of my TVs and Stereos for home. I have found the following but not sure which is the best and most reliable.

noviiRemote
    irRemote
    TV Remote

Are there any others..
    --------------
    The Judge
    Houston, Tx.
    Novii. My 680 works better than my 650 did for IR, but it might be luck of the draw. You'll definately want to do the trial first to make sure it'll work from a reasonable distance.

I can get about 8 feet reliably, and sometimes from 10-12 feet. My 650 I had to be within about 2 feet, so good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Novii. My 680 works better than my 650 did for IR, but it might be luck of the draw. You'll definately want to do the trial first to make sure it'll work from a reasonable distance.

I can get about 8 feet reliably, and sometimes from 10-12 feet. My 650 I had to be within about 2 feet, so good luck.

Second to Novii. I enjoyed in on my T|X, and now on my Treo.
    I use OmniRemote on my Treo 680, and it works great with my TV and Camera.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    I just tried Novii Remote and really don't like it. First, i've got a Mitsubishi TV, I would consider that a pretty standard name to carry. Nope, but there were quite a few names in their standard list that i'd never heard of. Second, my cable box is by Scientific Atlanta, not on their standard list. In fact, the only DVR they list is TIVO! You've got to downloaded third party databases to get codes for all the electronics they don't list. So now i'm going to try OmniRemote. I'm hoping i'll have better luck with that one.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    I just tried Novii Remote and really don't like it. First, i've got a Mitsubishi TV, I would consider that a pretty standard name to carry. Nope, but there were quite a few names in their standard list that i'd never heard of. Second, my cable box is by Scientific Atlanta, not on their standard list. In fact, the only DVR they list is TIVO! You've got to downloaded third party databases to get codes for all the electronics they don't list. So now i'm going to try OmniRemote. I'm hoping i'll have better luck with that one.
    Um, download the database from their forum, pretty simple. It's 500k, so they don't normally have people install it. MOST of the generic codebases will work for a TV, but I suspect you didn't try them.

Once you've loaded the IR codebases you need, you can delete the downloaded database.
    OmniRemote's a learning remote, and I've got it working with Sony TVs, Nikon SLRs, RCA TVs, and Pioneer players.

Note that OmniRemote has the ability to reassign all four hardware keys to remote control functions. To exit the program, press one of the sidekeys, then press Home.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Um, download the database from their forum, pretty simple. It's 500k, so they don't normally have people install it. MOST of the generic codebases will work for a TV, but I suspect you didn't try them.

Once you've loaded the IR codebases you need, you can delete the downloaded database.
    Um...yeah, i saw those. Not any help though if you're DVR is from Scientific Atlanta and they don't have a dbase for that...is there an echo in here?! Anywhoo, it just seems like a lot of trouble to go through for a gimmick. The one Mitsu dbase they have doesn't even work with my TV. I'm guessing this is for those with more mainstream systems. It's a great idea though.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste