1.    #1  
    Last edited by The Bishop; 02/22/2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: had a seizure and hit the wrong button.
    Don't be too sad, there, Bishop...

Chatter is still a great product, but with the way things at Palm could have gone, we may have lost Marc anyway. He wasn't going to develop for Win Mob. Now he can make his stamp on Palm itself. If that happens, imagine what wonders the company can give us!

I would love to see Palm become a customer-centered (us, not the carriers), developer-driven company instead of just "suits" milking FrankenGarnet for every last drop.

Here's an analogy...

Disney lost it's way, but bought Pixar and put John Lassiter in charge of many aspects of their company. He was from Pixar, but was once a Disneyland cast member and may be more true to the Disney ideals than those who were then running the place. There is hope that he can help restore Disney to it's former Glory.

Now, we don't know if Marc Balnk will be just another developer for hire, or if he will be involved in helping to decide where Palm will be going next. We can only hope that they let the guy have some freedom and that they learn from him about the importance of communication and constant upgrades. They could learn a thing or two from the boy about customer Service with a capital S. If they have the guts to do that, Palm could thrive once again!

Don't fret or worry, this could be one of the greatest things to happen to Palm in a long time! I feel very optimistic now, and to tell the truth, I was in danger of losing that.

Perry... get the Pink Padded Room (PPR) ready for a whole new group of inmates!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    A bit of disappointment on a heck of an application no longer actively developed, but a lot of optimism for the future of Palm. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post

Perry... get the Pink Padded Room (PPR) ready for a whole new group of inmates!

May just have to rent that Galaxy C5A hanger again from the Air Force, but geez, how many gallons of pink did we go thru the last time. . . .?!
    Actually, I hear the Air Force left it pink from the last time... Some of their "Don't ask/Don't tell" people liked the color. However, they accented it with muave trim and wall-hangings in an aztec motiff. I think they had help from some decorator on the TLC cable channel.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Congratulations Marc! And best of luck!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Now palm just needs to hire Shimon
    Any news? Anything new on the horizon?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser View Post
    Any news? Anything new on the horizon?
    Well there's this machine and its name starts with an "F" for one thing new. . .

Or, to quote a great American, "She's dead, Jim."

EDIT: Or did he say "He's dead, Jim." Help me out, Star Trek people.
    Last edited by Tastypeppers; 06/13/2007 at 06:30 PM.
    Eek!

That doesn't sound promising...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    On the new TV series "Chuck", about a Geek Squad-like big-box electronic repair dude (renamed the "Nerd Herd" to slightly distance itself from Best Buy),
    the whole premise of the series is that Chuck is e-mailed all our spy secrets from an old college pal.

He has to get into them by remembering his character from Zork!

I still wanna see Zork for Palm... maybe new adventures as well?

I hope all is well with you. Maybe soon you will be able to update us on things.
    "Everybody Palm!"