1.    #1  
    Hello.

I need some help.
    I am use outlook and Pocket Mirror PRO.

When using Contacts. (I need about 1o categories)
    Is it better to have 10 folders under contacts or
    One contact folder and use the category feature?

The other issue that is I cannot nail down is... that I at work I connect to an Exchange server. And when start a new mail message I want to be able to "type into the the 'to' field" and have outlook search my contacts and apply those names. It appears that when I use one contact folder this feature seems to work better than when I have 10 folders.

Please point me in a good direction to read more about this.....

Terry
    Austin, Texas
    Tgrier,

Which version of Outlook are you using?

I'd say from a personal viewpoint using Outlook 2000 at home and 98 at work that using multiple categories rather than multiple folders is better.

If you have multiple folders as work you need to make certain that each folders properties box for "show this folder as an Outlook address" is checked. This should enable you to type in the "name" and then it will look up the email address for the name entered and your good to go.

All of the above is dependent though on which version of Outlook you are using.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply....

I use Outlook 2000 and I have a laptop that I bring home and to my remote offices.

I currently use folders... I think that I will set up the CATs.... and see how that works.

Terry
    Austin, Texas
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am quite a new user of PDA (Visor DX), and Oulook 2000.

I use categories (Outlook 2000 , Pocket Mirror Pro) for my contacts, and it's just fine, that was the reason to purchase the Pocket Mirror upgrade.

The only thing is, that with the tasks I also have categories; since I created them, in Outlook / calendar / task-block at right doesn't show any of my tasks. Since you have the same features installed, maybe you (or somebody else) would happen to know how my tasks from the different categories can be shown in the split screen view of the outlook calendar?
    tgrier,

Yes the instruction given were for Outlook 2000. However, you still should be able to type in the "to" name and have Outlook complete the address provided all of the folders did have the "show address book" feature clicked.

hduell,

There are certain limitations to using categories - no more than 15 can be used in conjunction with Outlook. So if you want to use categories here's what should work:
    From within Outlook access the Chapura Pro icon and click on it will open to your user name then choose "settings" then select "Outlook Tasks"
    once selected then choose "change" select "categories/folders"
    and now the title bar should show "Preference Settings Outlook Tasks" [Your User Name]
    then you can select "Single Folders"

and the first option (radio button) which should be "Handheld Category = Outlook's categories field".

This should then allow you to see all of your tasks in any view inside Outlook that you want.

Plus you'll be able to see in this screen other things that you can change to really take full advantage of the Pocket Pro that you purchased
    Last edited by RSGMOOSE; 04/07/2001 at 04:48 PM.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    My categories will not sync between Outlook 2003 and my Palm app? Any ideas?