Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Looks like this is NO WHERE near the demise of chattermail. It will still be up and running and maybe something greater will come of it's creater going to work for PALM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    Looks like this is NO WHERE near the demise of chattermail. It will still be up and running and maybe something greater will come of it's creater going to work for PALM.
    Hmm, maybe I read Marc wrong:

"and will no longer be actively working on ChatterEmail"

I don't dispute that Marc will be the creator of great things at Palm. This comment is about Chatteremail specifically....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Could we see ChatterMail overtake VersaMail as the new default email app on future Treo's?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I see that this is the BEST decision both Palm and Marc have made!

Let's face it: Compare VersaMail to anything. We all know that it's subpar. Palm needs Marc's insights and talents - more than just emails but the tweaks etc for the OS itself! Marc cannot advance to the next step ALONE. So this is indeed the best thing can happen to both parties, and to us end-users.

Good luck Marc!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    If Marc is going to work at Palm . . . . . . . that just took 20 nails out of Palm's supposed coffin in my mind. . . . .

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Marc - If you check in on this thread, congratulations and good luck at Palm. They are getting a great developer and I am sure the move will be as positive for Palm as it will be for you. Hopefully we'll see your fingerprints on future Palm OS products.

Cheers
    I agree, this is great news for all of us.

Thanks marc for the great app!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Marc,
    Any chance of you Open Sourcing ChatterEmail?
    (Yes, we'd have to find developers willing to champion such a project.)
    I'd be willing to do QA and some development, Anyone else? Marc?

Thanks for all your hard work and best wishes for your career at Palm!
    --
    Bob Clancy

Edit: MatrixSSL probably would have to remain a closed source library licensed separately. (This sort of thing might prevent open sourcing.)
    Last edited by sudoer; 02/22/2007 at 09:18 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I feel like the runner after Forest Gump got tired and decided to quit. "What are we suppose to do now?"
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    This is a copy of the following message you sent to the Administrator at Chatter
    Email

All the best to you, Marc!

You have been such a great developer, constantly upgrading and tweaking Chatter+
    Email and very available to help customers. It was this commitment that
    persuaded me to buy Chatter. I only hope that Palm will let you continue this
    work ethic and customer support for them. If they were a quarter as responsive
    and available that you have been, they would have major loyalty from their
    customers. I have already decided that when I upgrade my phone, I will buy a
    new copy of Chatter for it instead of just transferring the old copy. On the
    other hand, maybe by then Chatter will be the new default e-mail program on the
    Treo 800P?!?!

We thought we were on the verge of losing another great developer, but this path
    may be the best for Palm, for you, and for Palm OS/Garnet (and what comes after)
    Treo customers. I realize that we will hear less from you now, but I hope they
    will let you continue to pop into the forums from time to time and grace us with
    your presence and knowledge.

Marc Blank, I am sure I speak for many in the Treo community when I say, once
    again, that I wish you all the best!

= = = = =

Hey gang...
    I echo the notion that this is good for Palm, and us.

Sure, we may miss Marc around the boards as much, but I hope he can work his magic
    in future products from Palm. If they let him do that, Palm can once again reighn!

Twich3... that was priceless!!

What are we supposed to do now?

Keep running the race, my friend. Keep running the race!

(Now we have a friend as one of the officials!
    The race is bound to be organized much better now!)
    Last edited by duanedude1; 02/22/2007 at 08:35 PM.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    I feel like the runner after Forest Gump got tired and decided to quit. "What are we suppose to do now?"
    This ain't the end of the world as we know it!

1/10 of Marc is still about 3X better than most other developers! :-)

If he agrees to my request to open source this, it could be the best thing that ever happened!

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    First Verichat, and now Chatteremail! Guess I'm going to stick with the last stable version...forever!!
    Guess you didnt see this part either hey smart guy!

" 1) I will no longer be actively developing ChatterEmail. However,
    ChatterEmail will continue to be available for new users through this
    site for the foreseeable future.

2) Support will continue to be provided for the foreseeable future;
    however, I will not be doing this personally. "
    [QUOTE=skyking517;1204942]Guess you didnt see this part either hey smart guy!

?????????????????????????
    soooory...it was for the 3rd poster
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    First Verichat, and now Chatteremail! Guess I'm going to stick with the last stable version...forever!!
    If palm does not update the OS you might be able to do just that!!!! Ha, ha, ha...

Brave man to go and work at palm... I would love to know his real roll and what projects they will have him work on... he could also be in charge of a small department and be an inside voice on the company and connect out to palm's "real" fans (all of us crazy people who read everything palm).

But I doubt that will happen. I really hope it is going to be all that he think it will be... working on your own and then working for someone else can be a pain in the rear...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Wow, so adding this to the loss of Snappermail (my main environment disallows POP/IMAP), I guess this reduces my email thin clients down to exactly one, VersaMail.

Hi [me],

That is correct. SnapperMail requires POP3 or IMAP access.
    ---
    [Snappermail support person's signature]
    Well, at least web browsing got easy and I have two great choices there.
    The betas are as stable as the releases. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    I just posted this somewhat sad news to my site. I have used Chatter for years, I'm sad to see Marc stop work on it. I am very happy for him that he got a job with Palm. They could certainly use him. It'd be awesome if Palm replaced Versamail with Chatter. I'm sure they're going to pick Marc's brain and use his great expertise. Best of luck Marc!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast