Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 121 to 135 of 135
  1. puyi's Avatar
    Posts
    296 Posts
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    #121  
    As has been stated by others earlier, IMAP's main advantage for me is the information in each mail account looks the same no matter what mail client I'm using. I like instantaneous mail too but sometimes it's frightening how quickly I get mail using Chatter.
    Last edited by puyi; 03/31/2007 at 10:43 AM.
  2. #122  
    Good morning, sir!

    Yep, the email change thing is a pain and I absolutely hate it. Because of that I stuck with Yahoo for bunches of years before moving on.

    ChatterEmail supports bunches of things - one thing you can do is get your mail forwarded to an IMAP account and respond to that email with the GMAIL account SMTP server. To liven things up on the work front I have been known to respond to work related mail received on one mail server via another server.

    ChatterEmail is vastly superior to the rest of the email application in the Palm world.

    May your day go well.
    Ben

    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Woooooh, hang on....Ben from Everything Treo? I didn't catch your name earlier. lol. Hello, sir.

    Thanks, as always, for the tip.

    The cost of an IMAP account wasn't my concern. My concern involved changing my personal e-mail address again. I use my Gmail a lot. So, unless I can plug my Gmail accounts into a true IMAP environment, my options are limited.

    I read in a previous post that one can forward messages from Gmail to an IMAP account; then, reply from the IMAP account in a way that will appear that I'm still using Gmail. Eh, why bother though?

    Cheers,
  3. #123  
    whats the support email address for chattermail, i am not sure if u guys noticed but with a factory set treo 700p , maybe other models as well, with chattermail, after some time, your pop up missed call/sms messages times out & clears them, when u turn on phone u just have blinking bell in the cornor, and no more pop up message telling u that u have a missed call with the options to call u back or not
  4. #124  
    Isn't that the alert killer option which now defaults to checked? It kills the pop-up so that Chatter can continue to get messages.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    Isn't that the alert killer option which now defaults to checked? It kills the pop-up so that Chatter can continue to get messages.
    Where is that option? the popup appears and stays there for some time but after some time goes away

    its not blocking the popup totally , its only timing out and going away

    please advise!
  6. #126  
    Preferences -> System. Alert Killer. I think what you are describing is exactly the intent.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

    Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  7. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #127  
    FWIW it won't do any good to send an Marc an email since Chatter is no longer being developed.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  8. #128  
    I never could get Chatter to work with my corp exchange email. VM does the trick though.
    Matty
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    whats the support email address for chattermail, i am not sure if u guys noticed but with a factory set treo 700p , maybe other models as well, with chattermail, after some time, your pop up missed call/sms messages times out & clears them, when u turn on phone u just have blinking bell in the cornor, and no more pop up message telling u that u have a missed call with the options to call u back or not
    You do know that you need to press and hold the center button, which will then pop a screen with a list of alerts and options to address these alerts?

    You're talking about basic functionality of your Treo that has nothing to do with Chatter.

    Tom
  10. #130  
    u missed my issue
    i was referring to the pop up screen that u get when u miss something, sms, call, alarm, etc...

    yes i can hit the center button and go to system alerts screen... but thats an extra step

    i can just hit call back from the pop up screen

    chattermail has an alert killer option in preferences that was causing my issue

    once i disabled that option which was checked as default, my popup messages for missed call, sms now stay until I clear them

    so chattermail was the cause of my issue

    System Preferences
    Alert Killer: When checked, causes Calendar popup
    events to be dismissed after the screen turns off, thereby
    allowing ChatterEmail to continue to receive email.
  11. #131  
    As much as I love Chatteremail for its functionality and approach, I FEAR the day when Palm replaces crappy Versamail as the built-in email app. I had to uninstall Chatteremail due to:

    1) other applications ran much slower as Chatteremail ran in the background--most notably, Phone would take much longer to answer calls.

    2) battery life on my already-short Treo 680 was even shorter.

    3) inexplicable freezes that went away when I uninstalled Chatteremail.

    It's really too bad--Chatteremail takes what makes the Crackberries so addictive and improves upon it. It's too bad Palm's OS and hardware don't provide a solid enough of a foundation for Chatteremail to operate as it should.

    Here's hoping that Mark joined Palm knowing that they would make the underlying hardware and software better, treating Chatteremail as an integral part of the functionality of future Palm devices. This should be one of the ROCK-SOLID functions of future Treos, and while they're at it, they should make the Phone app just as unbreakable.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by dchang0 View Post
    As much as I love Chatteremail for its functionality and approach, I FEAR the day when Palm replaces crappy Versamail as the built-in email app. I had to uninstall Chatteremail due to:

    1) other applications ran much slower as Chatteremail ran in the background--most notably, Phone would take much longer to answer calls.

    2) battery life on my already-short Treo 680 was even shorter.

    3) inexplicable freezes that went away when I uninstalled Chatteremail.

    It's really too bad--Chatteremail takes what makes the Crackberries so addictive and improves upon it. It's too bad Palm's OS and hardware don't provide a solid enough of a foundation for Chatteremail to operate as it should.

    Here's hoping that Mark joined Palm knowing that they would make the underlying hardware and software better, treating Chatteremail as an integral part of the functionality of future Palm devices. This should be one of the ROCK-SOLID functions of future Treos, and while they're at it, they should make the Phone app just as unbreakable.
    I finally installed Chatter a week ago and I can't even look back. Chatter ROCKS. I am still getting gitty over the Push when I recieve mail. It does slow applications as it runs in the background and my battery life has lessoned a little but its so worth the set backs with the solid foundation for communication that it offers. I have been so ignorant using Versefail for so long and have read into the Chatter forums and scratched my head questioning to spend money on it and take the plunge but found Versemail doing what I needed for now but I couldn't be happier now that I am part of the Chatter family.
    at&t iPhone3G
  13. #133  
    Yikes. My 680 drains ordinarily the battery like hell. When I added Chatter, it drains quicker than a beer in my glass.

    Is this common ???
    ~* Peace
  14. #134  
    Sorry to here that my 755 loves Chatter & the beer! Never any problems at all. You might want to check other apps....1 by 1.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  15. #135  
    It is the price to pay for an application that does what ChatterEmail does on a device that is not intended to be multi-tasking. I use and depend upon ChatterEmail and accept the limitations of the device - it works very well for me and gives me email much faster than my Blackberry friends.

    Ben
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Posting Permissions