Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    There's been a glitch due to the change in ownership of the website (it lost it's DNS entries). I've fixed the data, though it takes some time for changes to propagate through the DNS system. I'm pretty sure everything will be up and running by tomorrow morning.

Sorry about that!

Marc
    I have seven hours of missing emails. Do you have any ideas?

(congrats on the new gig too!)

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    See below... palm now owns chatteremail!!! So is the versamail crap going away now It looks like Palm bought the rights to chatteremail and hired Marc to improve it or modify it for whatever they have up their sleeves.

<speculation>
    Next version of Versamail will have a ChatterEmail influence.
    </speculation>

I wonder what Palm is up to. They have been doing too many things in last year. Buying back the source to PalmOS, buying chatteremail/hiring Marc, hiring some bigwig designer, Jeff Hawkins mystery device, investing a lot in Software R & D this year.... I mean and thats the stuff we know about...

oh and are they up for sale too?
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    It's fair to say that I wouldn't have taken a job with Palm if I didn't think exciting things were on the horizon.

Thanks to all for the support!

Marc
    dam and there looks like there is one small issue with chattermail, it is not staying registered as the helper default application for email after a reset..

i have it set to default email application under chattermail preferences/system but after u reset treo and go to phone preferences or takephone it no longer shows chattermail as the default for email, if i launch chattermail and look in preferences system the option is still checked and if i go to phone application preferences it now shows chattermail but takephone still shows versamail, so at the end i have to keep changing takephone to chattermail for the default email application after every reset

in the phone preferences, default apps... it shows versamail as the default email application as well after resets, only changes to chattermail after i run chattermail once

why do i have to run chattermail after a reset to have it set itself to default email application, why isnt that setting staying after a soft reset..?
    No problem here, are you sure that you have Chatter set to start after reset? And you're not exiting Chatter before resetting?

Chatter has to be running to be in the extension manager, so if you exit it and then edit a default mail application in some other program it probably will get reset back to Worsamail.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Zork IV is coming right
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    No problem here, are you sure that you have Chatter set to start after reset? And you're not exiting Chatter before resetting?

Chatter has to be running to be in the extension manager, so if you exit it and then edit a default mail application in some other program it probably will get reset back to Worsamail.
    didnt have it set to run on reset, bingo, thanks !!!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    It's fair to say that I wouldn't have taken a job with Palm if I didn't think exciting things were on the horizon.

Thanks to all for the support!

Marc
    Marc -

Belated congratulations on the move to Palm! I think great things are ahead for you and I'm excited to see how things develop. Thanks again for 2 great years of problem solving and continued development and enhancements.

Rgds,

Alan
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Marc - I uploaded Chattermail 3.02 I know need to re-register with my serial number. I cannot find it as my laptop hard drive crashed and had to be re-formattted (that's where it was). I neglected to put the registration anywhere else. I am stuck. If you would be knd enough to resend it to me at Ralph@capitalresults.net, I would really appreciate it. Thx.and good luck with Palm
    Ralph,

From the link in the first post:

3) Support will be less responsive than it has been. Users should
    mainly rely on the FAQs and these forums for help. Emergency requests
    for registration and connections issues can be mailed to priorityhelp@chatteremail.com; no other types of questions will be answered at that address.
    Everybody should know that Marc and Chatterermail could not have been more responsive. Due to my own ineptness they had to send me two different codes. Responses to my issues always came within 60 minutes and sometimes it was almost like instant messaging. A loud & ringing thank you to Marc, Chatteremail. This is one app I'm glad I bought!!!!!
    Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    Yea, I'm happy for Marc. I look forward to seeing an improved VersaMail, now.

After testing Chatteremail and noticing that it didn't have folders or POP3 support, I exchanged several emails with him. He was kind enough to ask me how I, as a user, would expect a POP3 client to work. Towards the end of the email thread, though, he started ranting about IMAP this and IMAP that as if it were the only worthy solution for mobile e-mail users. What a bunch of b.s.

I hope he was kidding.
    TBolt
    www.picturehangar.com | Palm Treo 700p (Verizon)
    Marc is a very big proponent of IMAP and after getting used to it, I am a convert too. The biggest adjustment is how IMAP differs from POP. Once you get used to IMAP, it's hard to see any advantages POP has for a mobile or multiple device user, IMO. Despite his opinion, he did eventually listen to customers and incorporate POP support.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    The only good thing about a pop3 email address is forwarding it to an IMAP email account. This way you get some redundancy if your IMAP email provider goes "dark" for a few hours or days, not that this has ever happened to any users on this board.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add in my 2cents (i know it's a bit late, but hell why not). Marc - great software - I have given it to many clients who all love it. I'm also glad to see that Palm finally came to their senses and bought your services. Maybe the fabled 755p (or real one according to engadget) will come w/ Chatter standard
    The casual user normally finds POP to be sufficient; however, if you live email and have to have it NOW, then IMAP/PUSH is necessary. I started long ago with POP on my Kyocera 6135 and Treo 300. When I got the 600 and Marc began working on IMAP, I began switching. Two months in to it I was hooked on IMAP. It is indispensible for work. Getting an email in the field, being able to respond to it and often times completing the assignment before getting back to the office makes IMAP the way to go.

My wife went from Blackberry (two of them and their mail system) to the 650 I gave her, thought she was happy with POP and then learned to use ChatterEmail and IMAP - she thought Blackberry's mail was good, Treo, ChatterEmail and IMAP are much better.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post

After testing Chatteremail and noticing that it didn't have folders or POP3 support, I exchanged several emails with him. He was kind enough to ask me how I, as a user, would expect a POP3 client to work. Towards the end of the email thread, though, he started ranting about IMAP this and IMAP that as if it were the only worthy solution for mobile e-mail users. What a bunch of b.s.

I hope he was kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post

After testing Chatteremail and noticing that it didn't have folders or POP3 support, I exchanged several emails with him. .....
    I use POP3 and SMTP with Chattermail. What you mean by the above post?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    I use POP3 and SMTP with Chattermail. What you mean by the above post?
    Yea, I read the posts just before yours and heard that Marc has improved how Chatteremail handles POP3. (Thanks for the responses, guys.)

Do you have a Trash folder and the ability to create other folders now, too?

---

As bclinger mentioned, I'm a casual mobile e-mail user when it comes to my Treo. Therefore, I don't mind waiting 5 minutes to receive incoming mail. And, I sure as hell didn't feel like purchasing an email account just to make Chatteremail work better.
    TBolt
    You can get a free account at Fastmail - that is where I started my IMAP experience and then went to a paid level. Ben
    Global Posts
    2,596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You can get a free account at Fastmail - that is where I started my IMAP experience and then went to a paid level. Ben
    Woooooh, hang on....Ben from Everything Treo? I didn't catch your name earlier. lol. Hello, sir.

Thanks, as always, for the tip.

The cost of an IMAP account wasn't my concern. My concern involved changing my personal e-mail address again. I use my Gmail a lot. So, unless I can plug my Gmail accounts into a true IMAP environment, my options are limited.

I read in a previous post that one can forward messages from Gmail to an IMAP account; then, reply from the IMAP account in a way that will appear that I'm still using Gmail. Eh, why bother though?

Cheers,
    TBolt
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast