Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    zelgo I agree with you 100%. You did express yourself clearly & with respect. It's a shame that because you don't agree with the status quo, most people here are down on you. I have never had bad dealings with Marc but his response did seem a bit defensive, negative & telling... If you work in any industry as the "boss" you should expect & welcome people's complaints, suggestions & comments. If he doesn't like dealing with people then he should hire someone else to be the "face" of Chatter. Then again it is moot point at this point. All that said, I wish him the best.
    Well If treoneo says its so then I apologize. I'm shocked Marc would act that way but I guess anyone can have a bad day.
    If he doesn't like dealing with people then he should hire someone else to be the "face" of Chatter.
    So let's see... Out of 20,000+ customers, there are a handful who have earned my scorn. Is that a fair definition of "doesn't like dealing with people"? Would it have been better if I'd hired a "face" to deal with all 20,000 in that case (worse service for 99.9% but politically correct for the other .1%)? Sheesh. I stick with my contention that zelgo is a troll, and that people like him ruin things for many others. I could be wrong, but I'll take my chances on that.

Marc
    Last edited by Chatter; 03/03/2007 at 06:23 PM.
    Congratulations Marc! Palm definately made the right decision by hiring you. Good luck at Palm. I hope you continue to use the treocentral forums even just to check in. You were one of few developers that really took advantage and communicated with your software users. Once again congratulatons!
    I always did wonder how many licensed ChatterEmail users there were... and I did *not* wonder about a lot of other PalmOS software.
    The number of licensed users is somewhat smaller than that; my estimate is 20,000 licensed plus trial users I've been in contact with.

Marc
    I have also wondered about that. You have mentioned that less than 20% are EX users. That would make sense to me as I think most Chatter users are those that have full access to their own exchange server (i.e. small business owners). It makes sense that the majority of users who cannot enable IDLE but need push e-mail on their "waist" would have their IT people setting up blackberry's, good, etc. Marc, how many registered users ARE there? And, did the review in PCMag significantly increase registered users? Trial users? I am just curious because I have told everyone I know about Chatter. Unfortunately for you, that only translated into another 10 licenses because of the above. Good luck at Palm!
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    My hope is only to wish Marc the best at Palm.
    Then why didn't you simply state that instead of adding the other comments. I have a hard time believing you're as innocent as you purport to be.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    zelgo I agree with you 100%. You did express yourself clearly & with respect. It's a shame that because you don't agree with the status quo, most people here are down on you. I have never had bad dealings with Marc but his response did seem a bit defensive, negative & telling... If you work in any industry as the "boss" you should expect & welcome people's complaints, suggestions & comments. If he doesn't like dealing with people then he should hire someone else to be the "face" of Chatter. Then again it is moot point at this point. All that said, I wish him the best.
    Any chance you're one of the other "three"?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot View Post
    Then why didn't you simply state that instead of adding the other comments. I have a hard time believing you're as innocent as you purport to be.
    Exactly Zelgo. No soup for you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    No soup for you!!!
    OMFG....ROTFLMAO...... I am still laughing about the soup nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    Mark has always adressed my issues with chatter which were very few and usually were non chatter related - His speed and help was much appreciated.

Marc, please ignore posts like Zelgo's !
    Ditto here - I've always had a great customer service from Marc - never a complaint from me.

Good luck with your new challenges!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Please, Marc...
    <sarcasm>
    you are just sweet, sweet, sweet and, again, absolutely perfect.
    <sarcasm>
    Just let it go, you made your point. Marc is human like you and me.
    WWJD? He'd let it go! You'll prove yourself a better person by being
    the one who stops.

thanks, -- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Anyone know anything about sslpool 6000?

I too, am devastated by Chatter's EOL. I've gotten almost everyone around me to buy it -- twice, I got friends to buy the Palm version simply b/c Chatter was so much better than WM's pocket outlook...

Anywho... here's the message I just sent to the address mentioned earlier in this thread:

My wife's been using Versamail for her work email, and Chatter for Yahoo
    (pop only). I entered her Versamail settings into Chatter into a new
    Mailbox, and got an error message saying that I should try entering
    "sslpool 6000" in at the console.

LOVE error messages that actually suggest a possible solution, by the
    way.

Anyway, after entering that command into the console, it worked! (Her
    email connection to work is an IMAP discussion that uses SSL.)

Well, the only problem is now her Yahoo Mailbox won't _send_ email. It
    receives email just fine, oddly enough. The error message I receive is:

"Sending error: 535 authorization failed (#5.7.0) Your message has been
    saved in drafts."

Thoughts? Thanks!!! I promise not to bug you again!
    By the way, www.chatteremail.com no longer works -- I get a server not found error. Looks like the forum is gone too!!!
    And darn it, the email I sent to the priority help email account just bounced.
    There's been a glitch due to the change in ownership of the website (it lost it's DNS entries). I've fixed the data, though it takes some time for changes to propagate through the DNS system. I'm pretty sure everything will be up and running by tomorrow morning.

Sorry about that!

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    There's been a glitch due to the change in ownership of the website (it lost it's DNS entries). I've fixed the data, though it takes some time for changes to propagate through the DNS system. I'm pretty sure everything will be up and running by tomorrow morning.

Sorry about that!

Marc
    See below... palm now owns chatteremail!!! So is the versamail crap going away now It looks like Palm bought the rights to chatteremail and hired Marc to improve it or modify it for whatever they have up their sleeves.

Registrant:
    Palm, Inc.
    Sunnyvale, California 94085
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: CHATTEREMAIL.COM
    Created on: 02-Aug-04
    Expires on: 02-Aug-08
    Last Updated on: 20-Mar-07

Administrative Contact:
    Gentry, Pat internic@palm.com
    Palm, Inc.
    United States

Technical Contact:
    Gentry, Pat internic@palm.com
    Palm, Inc.
    United States

Domain servers in listed order:
    PARK13.SECURESERVER.NET
    PARK14.SECURESERVER.NET
    Good news the sie is still running. I still have to upgrade to version 3.xx! (I'm on 2.02)
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast