Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I recently had to install a new hard drive and reinstall all of the programs on my computer. Prior to this, I had no problems with hotsync and my Cingular Treo 650. Since reinstalling Outlook 2003, multiple errors exist.

First, many (but not all) of my events have shifted by an hour. I downloaded to the two patches from Palm dedicated to this problem. The problem was not solved.

Second, not all of my calendar is transferred to Outlook. Strangely, it seems to drop Tuesday and Thursday and sync the other days of the week. Below is the hotsyc log.

I know that this has been posted before and I tried all of the patches (uninstalled/restarted computer/reinstalled Palm Desktop and the patches) to no avail.

OK Quick Install
    OK AvantGo Connect
    OK Passwords Plus
    VersaMail
    - Sync configured to Do Nothing
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-005E (0x8002801d)
    OLERR:03-0005
    OLERR:0D-0016
    OLERR:0D-000C
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Tasks
    I struggled with multiple OLERRs when using Outlook 2000. I finally discovered that if I had Outlook open on the PC when I ran HotSync then the errors didn't occur. Others reported that didn't resolve their errors. For me, it seemed to relate to a mismatch of Outlook versions between my two PCs. When I upgraded to Outlook 2003, the OLERR problems went away.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Seems to be random for me. I'd been using Outlook 2003 for a while with no issues, then would get intermittent OLERR errors. I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and downloaded the new patch released by Palm. Keeping my fingers crossed.

You can also call your carrier and see if they'll give you a copy of Chapura's Pocket Mirror. Sprint did it for me a couple of years ago.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Thank you all for the advice. I updated Windows, Outlook and my Treo with the appropriate programs. The synch still failed. Here is the log information:

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:03-005E (0x8002801d)
    OLERR:03-0005
    OLERR:0D-0016
    OLERR:0D-000C
    - HH overwrite Desktop Sync

On a side note, I can successfully sync with the Palm Desktop. If I could export those files into a delimited file (comma or tab), the they could be imported into Outlook. But, it does not appear that exporting is an oprtion. Outlook cannot read the Palm database archive format used by he Palm Desktop. This is starting to really be annoying!
    I had the similar issues w/my Sprint Treo 700p a Outlook 2003.
    Don't bother calling Microsoft. As suggested above, cqll your carrier aa hopefully they'll hook you up w/a free version of Pocket Mirror. Not only did Sprint do this for me and got it to sync but they also hooked me up so I could sync wirelessly using Bluetooth.
    Good Luck.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Only took three months to resolve my problem.

Initial problem is that Outlook Calendar synchronization failed. Here is a copy of the log entries indicating failure:

OK Quick Install
    OK Media
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:05-0013
    OLERR:05-000F
    OLERR:0D-000E
    OLERR:05-001D
    OLERR:0D-0048
    - Recovery Sync

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts

Turns out I had a corrupt database on my palm phone (Treo 700p). I loaded an applicaton that fixed my database called dBScan v2.0b. You can find this program at this link http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-748.html?dbScan or at http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm.

I would select my current database. It then reports the number of records found. The first several times I tried to "Start Scan" it caused my Treo to reset. But it was also reporting that I had 7 Deleted records found. So I chose the option to "Remove all deleted records" and after that it would run fine. It also found that several records that had "Repeat On field in some repeat events not Null" but it said that was OK and typically was caused by some "third-party" apps.

So the only thing that I did was to use dBScan to remove the 7 deleted records, and then tried the HotSync and now it works!