1.    #1  
    Is anyone having problems with there AOL softwware on their 700P? Mine worked great (for many months) until about 3 days ago, now I get an error messgage that says "Failed to establish services".

I have done a hard reset, have done a fresh install of this program, and the problem persists. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Thanks,

Pilottreo1
    Mine works fine. I rarely use this app, but I just now tried it, and it still works. Have had it for about a year or so.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I'd be happy if an update came out. I'd be first in line to buy the new one. It could use an update. But for now, AOL 3.3 works fine for me. I use it to check my AOL email and to use AIM. For the occasion that I have an attachment in my email, I then use Versamail to download the attachment. If only they would update AOL to work with attachments and to work in background mode, then it would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    The AOL updates never improve the software, they just allow the exact same software to be used on newer devices.
    Well, AOL 3.3 does work on the newest devices. I run it on my 680 and it works fine. I installed it a week after getting my Treo 680 and I've never even had to do a soft reset of my Treo since then (over 2 months). It runs 100% stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Until it stops working, of course...
    Handango still sells the older versions of AOL for Palm. They obviously would not sell them if they did not work. Yet you can still buy AOL for the Treo 600, and AOL for Palm PDAs.
    I had AOL version 3.2 Build 0009 installed on my Treo 600 for 3 years without a problem.

Now after upgrading to the 700p and installing 3.2 on it, the 700p goes into the Palm endless reset loop.

Guess I need to track down a 3.3 version.

Who sells it now and what do they offer for upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3?

AB
    "Arguing with a police officer is like mud wrestling a pig.
    Eventually you realize that the pig likes it."
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefBragg View Post
    I had AOL version 3.2 Build 0009 installed on my Treo 600 for 3 years without a problem.

Now after upgrading to the 700p and installing 3.2 on it, the 700p goes into the Palm endless reset loop.

Guess I need to track down a 3.3 version.

Who sells it now and what do they offer for upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3?

AB
    You can get it at handango.com. I don't believe there is any upgrade offer. It is $19.95.