View Poll Results: In which week will the ROM update become available?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week of 2/26

1 1.35%
  • Week of 3/05

3 4.05%
  • Week of 3/12

7 9.46%
  • Week of 3/19

9 12.16%
  • Week of 3/26

54 72.97%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    A couple of hours after my last post, Steve Sinclair ... said that ... would put something out to everyone in a couple of weeks.
    So this puts his communication on or before Thursday.March 8th, 2007 (or Friday. 3/9 giving him the benefit of the doubt.) That jives with Dragonman's date of 3/11 quoted in Perry's post below:

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    In spite of Palm's poor communication, I think they will make every effort possible to make this date. Putting on my Perry voice: "This will happen!"

Still I chose a week later when I answered the poll. (I had the benefit of seeing Dragonman's post before answering the poll, but I hadn't read any of the comments in this thread!)

Edit: Oops, looks like I choose 2 weeks later (but possibly earlier in the week, so same thing).

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Hey Bob... Dragonman did not give a 3/11 date for the release. He said it was sometime in March. He merely speculated that it would be at some point after 3-11 which is when the new daylight savings change takes effect. Otherwise, if the ROM were going to be released before 3-11, they would've just rolled the patch into the ROM update and knocked out two birds with one stone. A pretty good observation on Dragonman's part..
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    March will be a fun month if we get this plus possibly a Sling beta.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    This is crazy that we essentially have to beg Palm for an update, what a joke! I asked a Palm rep about the update and he snapped at me "soon" then he quickly changed the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    . . . .that may or not remain after this ROM update that will be out in March. . . . . .

. . . . if Sprint store employees have received an email that says it will be out in March . . . I would say that there is a pretty good chance that it will be out in March . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    That's wishful thinking at best; I hope it turns out to be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

Of more concern to me is the report that Palm, Inc. is possibly about to be sold.

Ill winds blowing thru the Palm camp...
    A Palm rep snapped, "Soon!", at you? Was this while trying to sell your company on purchasing Palm products?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    assuming there is ever an update, hopefully the "powers that be hehhem...locally" will hack a way into the ROM tool and allow us to load/unload what we want into it and get rid of some of this useless bloat that the unit shipped with. barf.

Shadow? and others hopefully will have their way with the bootloader and give us peace!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    They will. The only reason the rom tool doesn't work with it now is b/c theyre waiting for the rom update so they can adjust everything accordingly. That's what I heard anyways.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    A Palm rep snapped, "Soon!", at you? Was this while trying to sell your company on purchasing Palm products?
    This was at a meeting where Palm was presenting - Essentially they were touting how great Palm products were compared to the others on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    This was at a meeting where Palm was presenting - Essentially they were touting how great Palm products were compared to the others on the market.
    I think I woulda had fun at that meeting probing the palm rep about how good their products are compared to others. HA!
    Hey Bob... Dragonman did not give a 3/11 date for the release. He said it was sometime in March. He merely speculated that it would be at some point after 3-11 which is when the new daylight savings change takes effect.
    A pretty good observation on Dragonman's part..
    Thanks for decoding this and correcting my misunderstanding.
    Brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    They will. The only reason the rom tool doesn't work with it now is b/c theyre waiting for the rom update so they can adjust everything accordingly. That's what I heard anyways.
    Didn't know this. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    There are not updates!!!
    If there is one it's gonna be a BS one and not address the main issues.
    Im not holding my breath on anything from palm.
    I hate them.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

I'm feeling pessimistic this morning, so I'll just say......didn't we just get an update? By that, I mean, the EDST patch?
    The optimist:
    Palm will get it out on time, and fix the issues

The realist:
    Palm will get it out late, with a note to the community on March 31st saying that it is taking longer than expected. ROM will cause issues with another "feature" of the phone.... will blame it on 3rd party apps.

The dreamer:
    Palm will take the 44 million they wasted on Garnet and roll it into the new OS they have been working on... and that will be the update.

The Dreamer Realist:
    Palm releases a Treo 750p and issues a massive recall on the 700p. It fixes bluetooth, SMS, Lag, Mp3, etc. etc. But it has issues with making phone calls, entering new contacts, and taking pictures. Palm goes under in the cost it took to recall the 700p, bought out by Microsoft... rebranded as ZunePhone.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by areyouwishing View Post
    The optimist:

The Dreamer Realist:
    Palm releases a Treo 750p and issues a massive recall on the 700p. It fixes bluetooth, SMS, Lag, Mp3, etc. etc. But it has issues with making phone calls, entering new contacts, and taking pictures. Palm goes under in the cost it took to recall the 700p, bought out by Microsoft... rebranded as ZunePhone.

You never know what might happen. If Palm is a potential takeover opportunity and Micro$oft wants to compete with the IPhone. They would probably kill POS but the hardware would live on some flavor of Windows.

I hope the patch isn't ready yet because they are thoroughly testing it and will the patch will not create any new unintended "features"
    Last edited by KJ78; 02/24/2007 at 07:44 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12