Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I was at my local Cingular store to get a replacement sim for my phone because of network trouble and getting the garbled characters from time to time. The salesman told me that all 680's have been sent back to Palm and that they are now "EOL" End of Life. Supposedly Cingular is fed up with all the returns on Treos and has demanded that Palm correct the problems. From what he said, it seems that Palm will be reissuing the 680 after corrections have been made.

Anyone else hear of anything like this?
    Cingular has taken over the sale of the colored versions. Look at Palm's website.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...680/index.html
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    whoa, that's news to me. I haven't had any earth-shattering probs on my 680, but then again I didn't get mine with cingular. maybe it's a conflict with one of the cingular-included apps?
    Look back on all of the "a salesman told me" posts here and figure out what percentage of them ended up being true. My guess is the number you get starts out like this: 0.00...
    LOL...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Someone's got to put the ATT logo on all those Cingular 680's...
    Quote Originally Posted by photios View Post
    I was at my local Cingular store to get a replacement sim for my phone because of network trouble and getting the garbled characters from time to time. The salesman told me that all 680's have been sent back to Palm and that they are now "EOL" End of Life. Supposedly Cingular is fed up with all the returns on Treos and has demanded that Palm correct the problems. From what he said, it seems that Palm will be reissuing the 680 after corrections have been made.

Anyone else hear of anything like this?
    Probably switching the logos from Cingual to AT&T.

There may be some truth to this rumor. I hope not...but two out of three Cingular corporate stores in my city were totally out of Treo 680's yesterday when I wanted to exchange. The one that did was the smallest of all, and in a slow-traffic area.

Of course...maybe they are waiting for the graphite ones to sell off before they introduce the "new" colored ones.

But, if Cingular/Palm are simply waiting till all the graphite "problem" phones are sold to bring in the new & improved models...will they be willing to give the ones of us that have had problems new phones, or offer us the software or ROM update to make our phones behave?
    crappy rumour...the mills can do better than this! ...most likely putting AT&T logos as said b4 on the new colour versions they bought the rights to...glad I got me an arctic early!
    PatrickS,

Classic!
    Patrick Horne