1.    #1  
    My Treo680-Cingular has no icon for "Pics&Video". Clicking on the folders in the lower left corner of the camera screen does nothing except show white and then returns to the camera screen. I can't find my pictures. Can anyone help. The Cingular technicians at the store couldn't solve the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgoing View Post
    My Treo680-Cingular has no icon for "Pics&Video". Clicking on the folders in the lower left corner of the camera screen does nothing except show white and then returns to the camera screen. I can't find my pictures. Can anyone help. The Cingular technicians at the store couldn't solve the problem.
    When you first set up your 680, did you delete any prior versions of Palm Desktop, then install the new version of Palm Desktop using the 680 installation disk? Also, did you start your 680 with a clean install as recommended in the stickies here, or did you do a hotsync from a prior Palm version?

If the answer the the first question is no, you really should do a hard reset and start over from the 680 installation disk, because that's what loads the Pics&Video to start with.

Also, if you didn't start with a clean install, same recommendation.
    I thought the Pics and Videos app was in ROM. The app should be there whether he used the installation CD or not. I was able to take a pic and view it before I ever installed the CD.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help. A hard reset gave me "Pics&Video" so I guess it is in ROM. Also my first sync was from an old Palm Desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgoing View Post
    Thanks for your help. A hard reset gave me "Pics&Video" so I guess it is in ROM. Also my first sync was from an old Palm Desktop.
    Tsk, Tsk...you should always do a clean install! Glad it worked out for ya!
    Hi,

I am having difficult getting the pics and videos icon to stay on my treo 680.
    When I do a hard reset, it appears on my screen. However, when I sync my palm files from my desk top, at the conclusion of the sync, the pics and videos icon disappears.

If I created a new user name before syncing, pics and videos does not disappear after the snyc, but none of my destop information transfers over to the treo since the desktop files are under my old user name.

When I initially loaded the software I received with the 680, it updated my previous desktop software, which I used in various versions for several previous palm pilot devices?

How can I successfully sync my desktop to my treo 680 without losing the pics and videos icon (and without having to lose all my precious desktop records--memos, contacts, etc)?

Sincerely,

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    When you first set up your 680, did you delete any prior versions of Palm Desktop, then install the new version of Palm Desktop using the 680 installation disk? Also, did you start your 680 with a clean install as recommended in the stickies here, or did you do a hotsync from a prior Palm version?

If the answer the the first question is no, you really should do a hard reset and start over from the 680 installation disk, because that's what loads the Pics&Video to start with.

Also, if you didn't start with a clean install, same recommendation.
    I'm not really sure. Did you try the help base @ Palm. I know they had a routine somewhere for people who already owned Palm devices and were upgrading to a 680.

In order to get the app to stay around you'll have to do a clean install from the CD provided with the phone. I think its mentioned in several places, including the manual. Palm installations are fussy like that.

Hopefully someone can help you save your existing information before you do a complete fresh install.