1.    #1  
    I have put a custom Rom on my Treo 650 a few times with no problem, the last time was yesterday. I wanted to do one last Rom to remove versamail. I can't seem to get into the bootloader mode. I press the hotsync button on my cable and press reset button (hold for sec or so) but phone will not go into mode. I have had some trouble with my cable before. I think it is not making the best connection. I sometimes have to squeeze tight to the phone to get it to sync but it is syncing now. Any ideas what I can try to get into boot mode?
    Thanks for any help
    Do you have access to another cable? Actually, does pressing the hotsync button even work to initiate a hotsync?
    I would be cautious of trying to load a custom rom if your cable is shotty.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
  3.    #3  
    I probably could borrow another cable from a co-worker. It worked fine in the morning but when I tried in the afternoon, I couldn't get it. I can sync by pressing the button but sometimes I have to make sure the connection is good on the phone.
    Hold the Sync Button on the the cable down, then press and hold the reset button with the stylus. Wait about 5 seconds, then release only the reset button, then after 1 or 2 seconds release the hotsync button. I Believe it goes into Boot Mode as soon as I release the reset button. If that does not work, check the reset button to make sure its pressing down. Otherwise its the hotsync cable.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveski3 View Post
    I have put a custom Rom on my Treo 650 a few times with no problem, the last time was yesterday. I wanted to do one last Rom to remove versamail. I can't seem to get into the bootloader mode. I press the hotsync button on my cable and press reset button (hold for sec or so) but phone will not go into mode. I have had some trouble with my cable before. I think it is not making the best connection. I sometimes have to squeeze tight to the phone to get it to sync but it is syncing now. Any ideas what I can try to get into boot mode?
    Thanks for any help
    press ##8778# for boot mode