So I recently had to get a replacement Treo 650, well when I first tried to sync it with my Apple iBook (I'm cross-posting this in the Mac section as well) I had all kinds of problems, I think mainly because it tried to put all kinds of things I had deleted back on, and it was running out of space (how do you permanently delete applications, besides doing it on your computer?). It seems like there should be some way where it just makes it go back to exactly what it was at before the new one. Any ideas?

But the bigger problem, still not huge, but annoying, is that I was gone over the weekend, added several contacts, then finally last night got it syncing properly, and when it synced w/ my address book (Apple Address book) using iSync it restored my address book to what it had been before, which is what I wanted in the first place, but I don't understand why it didn't just truly sync them, why it had to erase the ones I had just added. Like I said, it's not a huge deal, it was just a few, but I'd like to have them back. I do have NVFBackup and have backups on my card, but I don't know if that'll be useful, but how do I avoid this in the future?

Any advice/suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.