Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    OK...I am really, really, really trying my utmost to like my Treo 680...really, I am. In fact, yesterday I was stoked because I think my battery is finally coming into a reasonable lifespan. But...

    Last night, I pulled the phone out of my pocket...and it was dead...with a black screen, and no amount of button pushing or cussing would revive it. I did a soft reset...and nothing. Several more soft resets only resulted in the phone blipping on for a second...then dying again. Finally, a reset brought the phone to life again, and it was fine all night.

    This morning, after pulling it off the charger...it died again. I tried to revive it with several resets again... to no avail. Then I plugged the charger back in and it started up...only to die again when I unplugged it. Finally, a reset "woke up" the phone...and it worked fine until a few minutes ago. I picked the phone up to find it DOA again...and had to do a soft reset to revive it.

    I am not impressed...

    Is this normal behavior for this phone, or Treo's in general. If it is a glimpse of what life is going to be like with this phone...I'm out. Why is the phone doing this, and what can be done to stop it? All I want is a reliable device!!!
  2. #2  
    Not using PXAClocker, are you?

    What third-party software is installed?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Not using PXAClocker, are you?

    What third-party software is installed?
    No. And...none. All stock...

    After repeated dying and refusing to power up...and stay up, went to my friendly Cingular store and got a replacement phone. Hopefully, this one will come to the party...
  4. #4  
    wise move, I have never heard that one before and it sounds like your 680 had some kangaroos loose in the top paddock.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    wise move, I have never heard that one before and it sounds like your 680 had some kangaroos loose in the top paddock.
    http://unlimitedphoto.com/~wally/crikey.gif
  6. #6  
    I'm glad you replaced it before giving up...the 680 is great when you get a good one The behavior of your first device was not normal at all!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Stupid stingrays!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DIG View Post
    Stupid stingrays!
    My kids miss him...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    My kids miss him...

    I thought the guy was a complete dufus, personally. But, many loved him...especially kids. Sad thing for anybody to pass like that.

    Oh yeah...back to topic. So far this morning, my Treo is humming along perfectly. I see a little improvement already in the battey charge after being charged overnight...and hopefull I will see more.

    I'm glad I stayed with the Treo. I have the Blackjack all boxed up and ready to return to Cingular...and I think I made the right choice.
  10. #10  
    BlackJack users laugh and cry at the same time when they hear 680 users complain about battery life.

    Didn't Cingular start shipping a second battery for free with those buggers because they were so bad?
  11. #11  
    Davis, I gotta disagree with you for once. I thought Steve was really cool!!

    About the Blackjack, why is anyone surprised that such a thin phone pulling UMTS and HSDPA won't get great battery life? I read it was Moto Q that is shipped with 2 batteries. Would be nice if ATT gave something like that!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Davis, I gotta disagree with you for once. I thought Steve was really cool!!

    About the Blackjack, why is anyone surprised that such a thin phone pulling UMTS and HSDPA won't get great battery life? I read it was Moto Q that is shipped with 2 batteries. Would be nice if ATT gave something like that!
    TPD...maybe I should not have been so harsh. "Dufus" was wrong of me. Steve acted kind "goofy" at times...but he sure had guts. There is no way I would have ever put myself at harms door the way he did time and time again. Gotta give the man credit. He certainly was brave.

    And it would be awesome if Cingular, AT&T, AT&Tingular...or whoever they are today would ante up and send us poor defenseless Treo users an extra battery.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Davis, I gotta disagree with you for once. I thought Steve was really cool!!

    About the Blackjack, why is anyone surprised that such a thin phone pulling UMTS and HSDPA won't get great battery life? I read it was Moto Q that is shipped with 2 batteries. Would be nice if ATT gave something like that!
    Not great life, but reasonable.. Friend said his runs about 6-7 hours.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Not great life, but reasonable.. Friend said his runs about 6-7 hours.
    Only 6-7 hours?? I just sent a Blackjack back to Cingular (kept the 680) that was getting 12-13 hours off of the standard battery and 2-days+ with the extended one. That was checking mail every 30-minutes and doing a bit of web surfing to boot. Hmmmm...
  15. #15  
    I gotta agree with the original poster. My Treo has started the having catatonic spells here lately. Only third party app is VolumeCare and I have it disabled (really should remove it).

    I've had the 680 lock up when retrieving mail, dialing, turning the 680 on, and turning on the browser. Fortunately, a reset stops the problem but it's getting old.

    At least I haven't experienced those pesky reset loops the 650 would cough up at times.

    I've thought about going to the BlackJack but 1) battery life may be worse than the 680 and 2) no commitment for WM upgrade. The headaches didn't start up until a few weeks ago and I'm well beyond my 30 day return period.

    I wonder if it would be worth getting another 680?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    I gotta agree with the original poster. My Treo has started the having catatonic spells here lately. Only third party app is VolumeCare and I have it disabled (really should remove it).

    I've had the 680 lock up when retrieving mail, dialing, turning the 680 on, and turning on the browser. Fortunately, a reset stops the problem but it's getting old.

    At least I haven't experienced those pesky reset loops the 650 would cough up at times.

    I've thought about going to the BlackJack but 1) battery life may be worse than the 680 and 2) no commitment for WM upgrade. The headaches didn't start up until a few weeks ago and I'm well beyond my 30 day return period.

    I wonder if it would be worth getting another 680?
    I had a Blackjack until today. Not a bad phone...but just didn't have any "soul" if you know what I mean. Plus, my newbie-self didn't feel all warm and fuzzy with the WM5 OS. I just like the Palm OS better...even though the 680 is proving to be a little quirkier and higher-maintenance than the Blackjack was by far. I'm not regretting making the decision to keep the Treo and return the BJ though...

    I am really enjoying my new 680 (the one I got in the exchange yesterday), and the only bug so far has been two cases of "gibberish" and one service stoppage with the "gibberish". Soft resets fixed the problem both times...but I can see how that can get really old really fast. I just hope it doesn't become a common occurance.
  17. #17  
    My 680 hasn't had even a soft reset in about 20 days now, by the way.. And mine is loaded with background apps and third party stuff.

Posting Permissions