1.    #1  
    Sorry guys, I just don't have the time to read through that entire thread
    are there any workarounds for the sms freeze up bug?
    You don't need to read through the entire thread.

While the thread is long and cumbersome, Keefer provides the current info in his original thread post and skim the last message and second to last page, you will have an instant answer to your question, and a few suggestions.

In a nutshell, no.

-Donald
    Delete messages in any thread that grows to have 50 or more msgs.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Create a pinned/sticky post for each of the popular issues/problems and then close the post. When a new member shows up and asks a question, responders can politely point to the stickies. Most visitors, upon seeing a thread with 50+ replies, wont read these threads, so a lot of good information is wasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Create a pinned/sticky post for each of the popular issues/problems and then close the post. When a new member shows up and asks a question, responders can politely point to the stickies. Most visitors, upon seeing a thread with 50+ replies, wont read these threads, so a lot of good information is wasted.
    Also, people need practice self moderation. Too many times there are of topic posts that move away from the original topic (kind of like this post). I will admit, I am guilty of this crime sometimes (like now).
    [QUOTE=haroldo;1204266]Create a pinned/sticky post for each of the popular issues/problems and then close the post. When a new member shows up and asks a question, responders can politely point to the stickies. Most visitors, upon seeing a thread with 50+ replies, wont read these threads, so a lot of good information is wasted.[/QUOTE

You missed it. The workaround is the delete SMS threads over 50 messages. I was not talking about Treocentral threads.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    You missed it. The workaround is the delete SMS threads over 50 messages. I was not talking about Treocentral threads.
    Hehe... I thought you were talking about the forum thread thing too (at first). Now I know why something didn't seem right!

Yes. It seems that Palm's database linking can get hairy and slow when more messages are added and linked.

As Bob-C stated, delete long "chats." Another option is to not even use the chat feature. This will disable the need for the Messaging app to create database links and update them whenever something changes.