Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    When I play Astraware games like Bejeweled or Sudoku on my Treo 700p, often times the phone freezes for couple of seconds and does not respond to key presses and/or screen touches. Then it comes back to normal and the key presses/screen touches get processed in rapid succession as if they were buffered.

Has anyone else noticed this while playing games?

I have never experienced this poblem on my former Treo 650. I think this may be related to the Audio Skipping problem. I hope this will be fixed in the upcoming ROM update!
    Last edited by rpungin; 02/20/2007 at 11:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I've got Bejeweled and it does that when i'm in a low reception area. When it goes from digital roam to Sprint service then it freezes. So if your in a low service area, that might be your problem.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    I also believe that this freeze (or lag) is a network access issue. There seems to be quite a few issues with the way the 700p handles phone/network signals. It doesn't bother me too much personally as it doesn't happen very often, but hopefully it will get fixed in the firmware update.
    Hi Raphael

It seems that there may be some issues as the other forum members have mentioned above. Can I also ask if you have any processes that run in the background, for instance, your Treo checking for email or doing a remote synchronisation?

If you can also let me know if you've got the games installed to card or directly on the device, and whether you're using the regular Palm launcher or a third party like ZLauncher or LauncherX, then I can get our technical team to see if there's any way we can help.

I hope this isn't affecting your enjoyment of the games too much.

Kind regards
    Alison
    Chief Communications Officer, Astraware
    I also wonder if your Treo is configured to check email -- this could be the source of the delay as well.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alsicole View Post
    Hi Raphael

It seems that there may be some issues as the other forum members have mentioned above. Can I also ask if you have any processes that run in the background, for instance, your Treo checking for email or doing a remote synchronisation?

If you can also let me know if you've got the games installed to card or directly on the device, and whether you're using the regular Palm launcher or a third party like ZLauncher or LauncherX, then I can get our technical team to see if there's any way we can help.

I hope this isn't affecting your enjoyment of the games too much.

Kind regards
    Alison
    Hi Alison.

I am glad someone from Astraware is looking at these forums!

No, my Treo is not doing anything else in the background. I don't have any automatic tasks scheduled.

I run the games from the SD card and I use the default launcher that came with the device. I am using Sprint carrier. I am using version 1.3 of Sudoku.

I have to say that this problem is quite frustrating. While playing Sudoku, I have to tap the screen several times for it to respond and sometimes the taps are buffered and processed later in rapid succession.

Thanks for looking into this.

Raphael