1.    #1  
    What is the group concensus as to the best protector for the 680. I ordered a BoxWave and was surprised and dissappointed in it. Surprised that it didn't fit (they sent one for a 750v), and dissappointed because I have used their protectors before and they have all worked great. I complained to them, since I ordered three of them and all three would not fit. I would have had to put three of the four sides under the bezel to make the fit, and that's not good. Ruined all three in the attempt. Contacted BoxWave, no response.

So what is everyone else using (or not using)?

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Invisible Sheild is the best.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    this is a pretty popular topic around here. i found 3 threads from just the past 2 months where people asked this very same question:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135879

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134642

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=130164

maybe we need a sticky about screen protectors?
    I got JavoShield Ultra Clear from ebay (from Javo, cheapest shipping) and I'm pretty happy with them.

Mine and my wifes both have one corner that's obviosly not all the way down but only a mm or so, and hers has a tiny 'bubble' in the middle of the top edge, again quite small. The 'bubbles' have gotten any worse, and they're out of the way so not a problem in reality, as they are outside of the screen viewing area anyway.

I was a little annoyed with putting hers on at first, I wound up having to clean it twice, first time I got a cat hair under it, second time it looked dirty (didn't clean it well enough I guess). After cleaning it, I left it slightly wet (shook it off after rinsing it) and it went on fairly easy.
    Martin Fields !!

I've got a Boxwave here and was just going to wait for my Martin Fields to arrive.

The one I got from Boxwave also says 750v on it.

Are they too big for the 680?
    BoxWave ClearTouch or Martin Fields are the best. BoxWave's Treo 650, 700P, 700W/WX, 680, 750v, 750 ClearTouch and AntiGlares are the same size.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Martin Fields !!

I've got a Boxwave here and was just going to wait for my Martin Fields to arrive.

The one I got from Boxwave also says 750v on it.

Are they too big for the 680?
    The ones I received were. In order to fit it with all four edges touching the screen, three of the sides had to go under the bezel. No problems other than that. I've used BoxWave before, and all of the ones I had were slightly smaller that the screen. These were definitely larger.

8. lms
    I use a Martin Fields on my 650. It's two years old and is still clear as a bell. My son also uses one on his Cing 8125.

I had a 680 but returned it due to battery problems, so I actually have an unopened Martin Fields protector for a 680 that I need to get rid of. PM me if you're interested.

LMS
    I have the Boxwave Crystal on my 680 and I had no problems putting in on other than having to put the edges under the bezel. The screen looks great with no bubbles and you can't even tell there is a screen protector on it. I swear by Boxwave screen protectors.

I hate that you've had such a problem with yours! And I'm surprised that you haven't heard back from Boxwave as they are usually really great at responding and helping out their customers. I wish you much luck and hope that you can get this matter settled and get a screen protector soon that you really like!
    for value I like Clarivue $7.99 (2 pieces)
    Non-adhesive, Clear, thin, Durable, glossy surface and free shipping.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaluver View Post
    I have the Boxwave Crystal on my 680 and I had no problems putting in on other than having to put the edges under the bezel. The screen looks great with no bubbles and you can't even tell there is a screen protector on it. I swear by Boxwave screen protectors.

I hate that you've had such a problem with yours! And I'm surprised that you haven't heard back from Boxwave as they are usually really great at responding and helping out their customers. I wish you much luck and hope that you can get this matter settled and get a screen protector soon that you really like!
    I was suprised that I hadn't heard from them either. I have used BoxWave protectors on all of my devices. I was sorely dissappointed about the quality of the ones for the 680. The ones I had on my 650 were great!!

You shouldn't put a screen protector under the bezel...it could hinder the sensitivity of the touchscreen. There are many reports of touchscreens losing all responsiveness from just dust under the bezel.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    Invisible Sheild is the best.
    I agree and I hate stick-on screen protectors. But InvisibleSHEILD won me over. I'm completely happy. Well worth the money and installation was super easy.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    You shouldn't put a screen protector under the bezel...it could hinder the sensitivity of the touchscreen. There are many reports of touchscreens losing all responsiveness from just dust under the bezel.
    I agree, that is why I can't believe the problems I had with the ones I recieved.