1.    #1  
    When I used my 650, I used to get a tone in my headset if a text message came in. I am not getting this on the 700P. Is it just me? Something I need to activate?

I'm using a Plantronics 640... THANKS
    Chalk it up to the terrible bluetooth implementation in the 700p. Keep reminding Palm of it, maybe they'll fix it.
    I have the 700p and Jabra 500....I get a tone when SMS text messages come in. Pretty handy if you ask me.

IGO
    ^are you sure it's coming from the headset and not from the rear speaker? The reason I ask is that I use a wired headset to listen to pTunes - all audio alerts (including incoming call ringer) come out of the rear speaker. The only indicator from the wired headset is a pause. Anybody else think this is stupid? Anybody care? If I plug in a wired headset, I would expect ALL sounds from the headset. Most people use headsets for privacy and also as a public courtesy. I really did not expect people to be able to hear my treo's audio alerts while my headset is plugged in. My 600 didn't do this! I emailed Palm about this long ago and of course the canned response "we will forward it to tech support." WHERE IS THE ROM UPDATE?!?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I now use a Jawbone after using the TWH for 2+years and the tone ONLY comes through the BT when you are talking on it. And its normally a short beep. Now, if you used a dongle that routed all sounds through the 2.5mm audio port (shouldnt if you had a 650), then you would hear all system sounds.
    You can also use Freedom to route all sounds through your audio port. That is how I listened to pTunes before I got the stereo headset that came with my 700p.
    ^I am using the wired stereo headset that came with the 700P BTW. Sorry for this missing info.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!