1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have done lots of searching and can't seem to find an answer. So I post!!

Is there a function that I am unaware of, that allows you to quickly return to the last active program? The reason I ask is because often I will be in on program, and it takes me to something like the calendar. And the only way to return is to go home and find the app.

This becomes a pain when I am using LinkStart to launch programs on the card. Sometimes going to something like the calendar doesn't cause linkstart to move the app back to the card. So when I go home, either it moves it THEN, and when I relaunch the app it has to move it BACK immediately. Or there are two copies in RAM.

So if I could pop over to the calendar, and pop back to the last app (like "old_pwd" for the *nix hackers out there ).

Thanks!
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
  2.    #3  
    So I've tried to configure this in a working manner and haven't had much luck.

Can you tell me some of the options you've configured, such as keys to trigger it?

Thanks!

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    my settings (sprint 650)...

my list of recent/favorite apps pops up in the bottom right
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/mcphling1.jpg

my button to bring up recent apps is set to press and hold the mail button...

my button to jump to last used app is set to press and hold calendar button...
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/r1_rydah/mcphling2.jpg
    Hey.....

My setup is very similar to R1_Rudah's setup.

Except I use the 5way right 'hold' to bring up the McPhling app menu and I use the 5way left 'hold' to go directly to the previous app that was used.

McPhling works very nice on the 700p too.

I've been using Switch5 by Mark Tamura on a 650 for almost 2 yrs. Works great. Freeware. I think I got it off of MTDN.

Got it set to return to last app by pressing the calendar hardkey (quick press, not a hold). The quick switching between the last two apps was/is more important to me than assigning a specific app to that key.

Probably uses hede (haven't needed to use PI in a while, so don't remember), but to me is still worth it.

Works with apps on a card as long as they've been moved to main memory by other means (I use it all the time like this).
  6.    #7  
    Thanks for all the info! And the screenshots were going the extra mile!

I had trouble defining an activation key combo at first, but ended up creating a custom key combo that works.

I also downloaded Screen5 to test that as well.

Thanks again!

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Butler lets you use the side up/down keys to switch forward/reverse.. Its nice.