Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How does this compare to g-funkster's weather app, HourlyXCast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    BTW: It's been 24 hours and I still have not gotten my registration code e-mail --- so do not be expecting 5 minute turn around on that . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    Hmm, mine made it in about 1 minute flat.
    I sent them an email last night. . . .they responded this morning . . . with the registration code. . . saying I showed as registered. I checked my email provider's portal -- and their original email was in the spam filtering hold tank. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    How does this compare to g-funkster's weather app, HourlyXCast?
    It gives data in graphic rather than tabular form. It is easier to change locations. It does not require Java.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    It gives data in graphic rather than tabular form. It is easier to change locations. It does not require Java.
    Well, not having to use Java would be nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Hmm, I see 23k of data each time... Just wanted to mention it.
    Interesting. When I switched from daily to hourly forecast data, the data transfer jumped from 7K to 15K -- consistent.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Not being a weather geek, and being very directionally-challenged, can someone more attuned to this sort of stuff confirm how one is meant to read the windsock icons in this program?

In the diagram shown on ths page:

http://www.kigosha.com/treociel/treociel.php

it indicates that the thin end of the sock points to the direction of the wind (in this case, NNE),

but when I cross-check the windsock orientations shown in the program against actual described wind directions given on weather.com, it would seem just the opposite.

Cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Just to be sure --- a real windsock would have the wind coming in the larger end and going out the small end . . . .

So if the sock is "pointing" to the NE, the wind should be "out of" the SW at the speed indicated. . . .

Does this line up with your testing?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Just to be sure --- a real windsock would have the wind coming in the larger end and going out the small end . . . .

So if the sock is "pointing" to the NE, the wind should be "out of" the SW at the speed indicated. . . .

Does this line up with your testing?
    Yes, exactly.

Looks like the Kigosha guys just got it round the wrong way on their web page then.

thanks.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    So the windsock on TreoCiel is "pointing" to the direction the wind is "coming" from . . . .opposite from what a real windsock would do?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    Interesting. When I switched from daily to hourly forecast data, the data transfer jumped from 7K to 15K -- consistent.
    I have Daily and Hour by Hour enabled..
    My downloads are 23k for daily and hourly being requested. . . . .23k when I request Comstock Park, MI . . . . . . and 23k when I request Orlando, Fl.
    So the windsock on TreoCiel is "pointing" to the direction the wind is "coming" from . . . .opposite from what a real windsock would do?

I just checked Comstock Park at www.weather.com and they are saying that the wind is FROM the NNE and the windsock on TreoCiel is pointing SSW -- so it appears that they have the wind sock going the direction a true windsock would "point". (Fat end at the FROM direction and pointy end pointing to the direction the wind is headed. . . .)
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    no: in the application the virtual windsock is working as you described it should in real life.

but, in their online "manual", they have a diagram showing a windsock with the narrow end pointing N-NE, and underneath it they have written "N-NE", whereas I imagine it should be "S-SW".

see: http://www.kigosha.com/treociel/treociel.php

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I recently purchased license for TreoCiel, but have been unable to obtain registration credentials from Kigosha. Emails do not "bounce back", but are not responded to. The Web site has indicated that it's undergoing "Maintenance" for at least 2 weeks , with no content accessible. The last evidence of a posted update to TreoCiel I've found is 12/08.

Anybody aware of a way to obtain reg credentials from the developer? I will plan to post if I find one.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12