1.    #1  
    Hi everyone.

First post here. I have kinoma player 4 EX but Im having a hard time playing videos on youtube. When I go to the youtube website.. it says "You either have JavaScript turned off or an older version of Macromedia's Flash Player." Does anyone how how I can fix this? Any suggestions or advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    nm... i found out i need to use mobetube.com. But now.. I cant get it to play properly. When I stream it.. it goes to the kinoma player.. then back to the website. Some of them doesnt even let you stream.. it says "this link type is not supported (0x1511). anyone got any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliveryM2n View Post
    nm... i found out i need to use mobetube.com. But now.. I cant get it to play properly. When I stream it.. it goes to the kinoma player.. then back to the website. Some of them doesnt even let you stream.. it says "this link type is not supported (0x1511). anyone got any ideas?
    It goes back to the website because that's where you started, it streams the file and stops.
    Some of the streams don't stream, but they will usually download.
    if its a video that has been flagged for adult content, and it requires you to log-in to view it, you won't be able to view it since there's no way to log-in via the mobetube site... that's when I fire up palm vnc, and go the orb route...
    HTC Touch Pro
    You do what?

Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    ... that's when I fire up palm vnc, and go the orb route...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    There's an update to Kinoma Player 4 EX coming out shortly which will fix this problem. Since Google acquired YouTube.com they've been screwing around with things..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    ... that's when I fire up palm vnc, and go the orb route...
    Thanks for all the quick replies. Can you tell me more about this orb route?
    Thanks for all the quick replies. Can you tell me more about this orb route?
    orb streams videos avi, mpg, etc from your home pc... It also streams flv files(youtube format) so if I run across a youtube vid I can't play on the treo, I just log in to my home pc via palmvnc, and save the youtube vid to the folder I stream orb from... Then I can watch it by loggin into orb...
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    There's an update to Kinoma Player 4 EX coming out shortly which will fix this problem. Since Google acquired YouTube.com they've been screwing around with things..

Harv
    Cool. When is this update going to come out?
    diane
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Cool. When is this update going to come out?
    Hi

The cute answer would be "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.."

The real answer is that Kinoma doesn't pre-announce release dates until they are convinced they have a very solid, intensely-tested version to release, but I'd expect it mmmmaybe by the end of the month.. or week after.. but don't hold me to that.. I'm not them and I don't make those decisions but I do have it and it plays every YouTube.com video I have thrown at it.. so far.. this is not to say YouTube won't screw around with their links and break it again either..

I also gave them more OTR (Old Time Radio) links to add to the Kinoma Media guide's Entertainment section since collecting and listeneing to OTR is one of my hobbies and passions..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..