Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Hi,

At the current time i have a Treo 650 (verizon) and I'm thinking about upgrading to a 700p.

For those of you that have made the jump, Is it worth it? or should I just stick with the 650? There looks to be a lot of problems with the 700p, But there were people that had problems with the 650.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responce,
    I was reading that post as you were posting, But that's about the only post i have found on the subject.

I know that there are going to be good reviews and bad on the subject, Just looking to see what people think. I have had NO problems at all with any of the Palms I have owned (palm111c, kyocera 7135, treo 600, and treo 650) and i wouldn't be afraid to upgrade. Just looking to see if the upgrade is worth it.

Thanks,
    As you were responding, I edited my post and put a different post first . . . . it has more peoples comments.

The 700P is my perfect Treo650. I am very pleased with the extra memory and EVDO speed. I now have all of my favorite Palm apps installed and still have 23mb free for email download room. I struggled to keep 5mb free on the 650 and dis not have some programs installed.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    perry,
    Thanks for the second link, It really helps out. I'm using Zlauncher and only have about 5 megs left and was wondering how stable the 700p is. Like I said, There are going to be people that love it and hate it.
    Other than the phone freezing and automatically restarting in the first 5 minutes of having the phone on (I just cracked open the box 2 hrs ago), it's pretty stable.

Oh, not to mention the SMS lockup while in phone mode That only took a half hour.
    Don't buy a 700p. The Palm OS is a buggy outdated dinosaur.

I really wish I had gone Windows Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by 240zron View Post
    Hi,
    At the current time i have a Treo 650 (verizon) and I'm thinking about upgrading to a 700p.
    For those of you that have made the jump, Is it worth it? or should I just stick with the 650? There looks to be a lot of problems with the 700p, But there were people that had problems with the 650.
    Thanks,
    palm has promised a 1st quarter update for the 700p, so if I were you I would wait a month or so to see if they are true to their word... that's what I'm going to do...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Indeed, if you can wait another month, it should be easier to make the decision. Right now, if you have a perfectly stable 650 that has worked so far, one more month should not hurt. I have defended the 700p for quite a long time but lately I have felt dissapointed by how Palm is not fully supporting the 700p, instead focusing on the 680 and the 750 for natural bussiness reasons.

The thing is that the 700p is a great piece of hardware, I love it because of the ample memory and EVDO speeds; but at the same time I hate it when lags, freezes, BT shennanigans screw up my day. I am looking forward to the ROM update, and I am positive that it will solve most of my daily hedaches.

I would also encourage you to read Palm's response letter where they talk about the 700p kinks they are planning to fix (and which ones they won't). Very informative indeed that will better help you understand what is at stake.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the responce. I'm not in a hurry to change phones, So I'm going to try and find someone that has a 700p and see if I can play with it.

The 650 is working great, And i may just try and do the rom upgrade so i can use the bigger card. (i like to watch movies) Also the prices should start to drop soon i would think.

thanks,