Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Hello!
    Longtime reader, first time poster. First-off 1 week of using the Treo 680 and I don't miss my Sony P990i at all!

Secondly, can anyone recommend a simple currency converter that can grab "live" currency values (either over-the-air, or via sync).

Also - how about a dedicated, reliable alarm clock app that won't suck much performance or battery? My sony had a clock that you can set "workdays" for one set of alarms, plus "weekend". I liked that. I don't like having to re-set my alarm nightly with that complicated "world clock" app, cause some nights, you just plum forget to do that. D'oh!

I wouldn't mind a nice game. Just one.. one that seems like it would have been pre-installed at the factory. Something slick, and high-quality. Even if it's simple like Tetris.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Oh yeah - I wish that the LED would flash when I've got an SMS, missed call or email waiting for me. Is there anything I can do about that?

I come back to my desk and look at the phone.
    It's silent. It's not blinking.
    I assume that I missed nothing.

Yet - there are SMS's there, and I may not unlock the screen and check for hours. Whoops!
    Have you tried Bejeweled? It came on the 680's installation CD...

Check mytreo.net for other apps, they have tons that you may find useful
    TreoAlarm.

Great app. Best I found for alarms with my 680.

Not free, but it has a trial period, and is worth the price. I think it was $14, to lazy to look it up.
    WatchMaker (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-369.html) is a great free app that allows you to set 6 different alarms and has a number of different clock faces you can select from. It has worked great for me on my 680.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_hackey View Post
    Oh yeah - I wish that the LED would flash when I've got an SMS, missed call or email waiting for me. Is there anything I can do about that?

I come back to my desk and look at the phone.
    It's silent. It's not blinking.
    I assume that I missed nothing.

Yet - there are SMS's there, and I may not unlock the screen and check for hours. Whoops!
    i came from a p990i to a treo as well! i, too, am enjoying the treo much more in comparison!

Butler will do what you need to alert you of a waiting sms, voicemail message, or task/calendar alarm. it won't make the LED flash (iirc, having it flash is not possible at all based on how palm engineered the LED software interface), but it will turn it on (green only, no red) until you take care of whatever alert came on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    WatchMaker (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-369.html) is a great free app that allows you to set 6 different alarms and has a number of different clock faces you can select from. It has worked great for me on my 680.
    LOL...I didn't know WatchMaker had alarms! I just use it because it had pretty clocks that I could make any color I wanted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    LOL...I didn't know WatchMaker had alarms! I just use it because it had pretty clocks that I could make any color I wanted...
    That's pretty funny! I can vouch for the alarms -- I've used them and they definitely work, and they're very customizable -- you can choose how many times you want the alarm to play, which alarm sound you want, whether you want it to crecendo, whether it's a daily or weekly alarm or only once, you can select all or any days of the week, etc. Really nice free app!

You can also set a flash alarm to play at any time within the next hour and the clock face will show it counting down to alarm time.
    For a live currency converter I find WorldMate Pro is excellent - updates over the internet. One peeve particular to me though I had to create Eastern Caribbean Dollar as the internet databse obviously didn't know what it was!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    WatchMaker (http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-369.html) is a great free app ....
    But what's this about time correction? Does it set the clock whether you're synced with your provider or not....or what?
    Try this for Currency Convereter

http://currex.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
    PalmaryClock Wireless... alarms, currency converter with ota updates, weather with ota updates, stopwatch, etc... a great app with great skins
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."