1.    #1  
    Out of the blue, went to open notes file and palm screen comes up and I have to do a soft reset. Other applications work. I have 49 meg of free space. I have no idea of what is happening. Does someone have a clue?

Thanks.
    I wonder if dbscan works on a 700p.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc View Post
    Out of the blue, went to open notes file and palm screen comes up and I have to do a soft reset. Other applications work. I have 49 meg of free space. I have no idea of what is happening. Does someone have a clue?

Thanks.
    I had this same problem. I was able to fix it by doing a had reset on my phone and letting palm desktop restore everything. Follow these steps:
    1. Do a hotsync to ensure everything is backed up.
    2. Rest the phone. Take out the battery, hold down the power key for 5-10 seconds while replacing the battery. You should be prompted to press up for rest, do this.
    3. Hotsync again to restore your apps. (make sure you choose your old profile name rather than creating a new one)

Notes should work now.
    Same thing happened to me last week. Soft resets, ecen resoring with NVBackup didn't work.

I set my Memo conduit to "desktop overwrites device" and hotsynced. Everything works again. (If you use this method, you will lose info entered into your TREO after the last time you hotsynced.)
    I agree with an earlier poster that DBScan might fix this.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. what is DBS scan?

Thanks.
    Find dbscan at pimlicosoftware.com.
    Same thing happened to me about a week ago. Every time I would click the memos icon my treo would reboot. What I did was use the search function for a keyword that I knew was in a memo I was looking for. Sure enough, my memo was listed in the found results and opened when I clicked on it. My memo application then worked flawlessly afterward.

Hope this helps.
    I tried the DBScan and it says it cleared a few things, yet the problem persists. Still on a quest for a cure.