1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I've used my 680 for 2 months now and it's in healthy condition. But have always noticed that the screen is actually a yellowish tinge esp under natural lighting conditions, outdoors in cloudy days. I tried scrolling through the main menu just to make sure that it's not just a certain page that i'm in but it seems that's just the original color of the screen if you know what i'm talking about.

In my room now where it's all dark, the screen appears to be a nice bluish white.

Anyone noticed that??
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I haven't noticed that at all. I just turned on my 680 to be sure, but it's clear. Perhaps your screen protector needs cleaning? (or replacing)?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Hi. The tint on the screen varies from blueish to yellowish from device to device I believe Palm uses different manufacturers. If you are unhappy and within the return period, simply replace it. Your next device may have a better screen.
    I am having this problem two. I've had my 680 for a little more than a month, and the screen has darkened, and there are two dark spots in the lower left corner, and one pinhead sized dot of bright white in the upper right corner. I called Treo customer support and they told me to do a soft reset, and when that didn't work, a hard reset. Sounds strange to me, and I'm not rushing to do that. On the other hand, I don't want to send it somewhere and be Treo-less for some period of time. Any suggestions?
    It sounds like you already got the suggestions and don't want to follow it. Hard reset sounds like a reasonable step to try.
    If you send it off, you'll be doing a hard reset, yes? Back it up and try it.

That said; sounds like a defective screen to me.
    My Treo 680 too has a yellowish tinge to the screen in fact compared to my Treo 650 the screen on the 680 looks rather yellowish and dull, while the 650 screen looks bright and with no yellow distortion and thus much better overall colors. The 680 is in so many ways a step or two back compared to the 650.
    Yours, perhaps... My 680 screen looks much nicer than my 650 did. Did you read above where someone suggested they might use several sources for screens?

Only area my 680 is behind my 650 is battery life. Right now I have about 20% left at the end of the day, which doesn't give a lot of room for extra usage. If I top it off during lunch, no problem. Easy workaround.
    Yes, each Treo has a different tint on the screen. I went through numerous 700Ps and have seen screens with bluish tints, pure white, yellowish, orange-ish, brownish. Saw the varied tints with the 700WX and 680 as well.

The person above who sees a dark spot and a white dot, that definitely sounds like a defective screen. Send it back for a replacement.
    The background on my apps on the 680 is a different, maybe dimmer? white than my 650. I guess it could be considered a "yellowish tint". But, the icons on the 680 are much more clear and vivid. I thought I read somewhere here, that although the resolution on the 650 and 680 is the same, the screens will look different because of something Palm changed. I can't remember where I saw it...

But if the OP has dead pixels or "spots" there's something wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Yours, perhaps... My 680 screen looks much nicer than my 650 did. Did you read above where someone suggested they might use several sources for screens?

Only area my 680 is behind my 650 is battery life. Right now I have about 20% left at the end of the day, which doesn't give a lot of room for extra usage. If I top it off during lunch, no problem. Easy workaround.
    Hi khaytsus
    I was surprised to read that you only have 20% left at the end of the day as you seem to be pretty happy with the 680 and also very experienced. Can i ask - are you a heavy user or do you have a high drain rate on standby (ie. greater than 1% per hour).