1.    #1  
    Believe I have just encountered a "new" group of hotsync errors related to the upcoming change to daylight savings time start date. When I hotsynced today, many of my all day events (holiday & birthdays typically) became multi day events and generated new individual appointments on my 650. The start times had shifted to 1am from the normal 12am times. This caused a long list of hotsync errors. This is similar to a know problem with Outlook all day events that occurs when you go to a different time zone. I understand that Microsoft is pushing out updates that will adjust the dates that their programs make the shift to DLST and assume that one of them has caused this. Not sure yet whether the problem is localized to Outlook or is somehow a function of the hotsync operation. Has anyone else seen this?
  2.    #2  
    Guess this isn't a common problem. It seems to be basicly an outlook problem that hopefully will get resolved as more DLST updates occur. It appears that the all-day events are actually modified in outlook so that they span across midnight. This is what is causing the multiday hotsync errors. Interestingly this is only happening to some, not all, of my all-day outlook events. Haven't figured out why some all-day events are affected and other are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Believe I have just encountered a "new" group of hotsync errors related to the upcoming change to daylight savings time start date. When I hotsynced today, many of my all day events (holiday & birthdays typically) became multi day events and generated new individual appointments on my 650. The start times had shifted to 1am from the normal 12am times. This caused a long list of hotsync errors. This is similar to a know problem with Outlook all day events that occurs when you go to a different time zone. I understand that Microsoft is pushing out updates that will adjust the dates that their programs make the shift to DLST and assume that one of them has caused this. Not sure yet whether the problem is localized to Outlook or is somehow a function of the hotsync operation. Has anyone else seen this?
    I have noticed the same problem. Several of a my all-day recurring appointments have become multi-day appointments. This seems to begin happening after the middle of March when the new DST begins. My corporate Outlook and Windows XP updates automatically so I don't know that a specific DST patch was installed, but probably it was. When I fix this problem in Outlook, it stays fixed until the next time I HotSynch. Looks like Palm OS needs a patch for this maybe.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I too encountered this, for all appointments that occur between the new Daylight Saving Time (3/11) and the old one (4/12). I fixed them in Outlook, then sync'ed "Desktop Over Handheld".

A total PITA, but not surprising, given Outlook's notoriously bad handling of timezones.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I'm getting this problem as well. I thought it was related to a the old error. But after updating with all of the recommended patches, the problem is still there.
  6.    #6  
    Palm just issued an updater program

Palm Time Zone Update

The Palm site includes links to the various Microsoft updates that have to be done as well. It appears that the basic update was pushed to my PCs this month so that may have been when I initially noticed the problem. I tried to use the Outlook data update tool but since I don't use Outlook for email, it bombed out. Think I have made all the data corrections manually but only time (actually DST) will tell.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 02/22/2007 at 11:58 AM.