1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to, after a hard reset, hotsync just the PIM info over?

Thanks a lot,

Purdue

If you want the whole story....

This evening, I thought that I would try out Font Smoother. After installing it and not being able to figure how to get the agenda view unblurry, I thought that I'd go ahead and delete it. (Anyone know how to get it unblurry?) I then realized that I had to delete all those fonts too. Also at this time I realized that I had not installed "Neat Freak," so I thought that I'd kill two birds with one stone, and do a hard reset. My thinking was to do a hard reset, then sync "Neat Freak," then sync the apps that I'm going to keep and get rid of the free trials. After looking at the sticky at the top of this page, I thought that the hotsync after the hard reset would just be like my first hotsync that all put my PIM info on my 680 and not any apps. That is not so however, as it seems not only did it put the apps that I had on my 680, but also some stuff from my old TX. Anyone know how to, after a hard reset, hotsync just the PIM info over?
    find the backup folder inside your palm folder in your PC (usually under programfiles/palm/backup) and rename the folder to anything else. Then plug in the 680 and hotsynch. That will only bring in the PIM info without any programs.

More detailed instructions are on the sticky at the top of the main page for new treo upgraders.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    find the backup folder inside your palm folder in your PC (usually under programfiles/palm/backup) and rename the folder to anything else. Then plug in the 680 and hotsynch. That will only bring in the PIM info without any programs.

More detailed instructions are on the sticky at the top of the main page for new treo upgraders.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942
    Thanks for the info, that worked perfectly!!

P