1.    #1  
    is there any way to download a file that is greater than 2MB on my 650? I've searched, but I'm not sure how to load it.
  2.    #2  
    maybe I asked the question incorrectly. Is there a reliable rom for the 650 that would allow me to bypass the 2MG download restriction?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    WELCOME TO TREO CENTRAL

Though I'm new, I'll tell you what I've told (and have been told), please search. To be less of an ***, there is a thread a little lower about Shadowmite hacking the rom so that to technically get there quickly, you'll be able to use 8GB and beyond (I believe the thread you're looking for is call 8 GB on Treo now possible) or similar.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvajed537 View Post
    maybe I asked the question incorrectly. Is there a reliable rom for the 650 that would allow me to bypass the 2MG download restriction?
    downloader
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-647.html

shark downloader
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1009.html

both of the above programs are slow but will do the trick...

then there are custom roms you can load with newer versions of blazer that don't have the 2mb restriction... but there is no stable version of blazer for sprint 650's that I'm aware of...
    Actually, what he is asking is about downloading files in Blazer. Short answer - in Blazer, no. In WebPro, yes. I PM'd you.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    Actually, what he is asking is about downloading files in Blazer. Short answer - in Blazer, no. In WebPro, yes. I PM'd you.
    That's the answer to my question. Thanks
    You should put your phone, carrier, etc in your sig, because the answer depends on your carrier. I use Cingular and "fast" Blazer (do a search) and have downloaded files over 20 MB in size without a problem. I don't think it works for Sprint, though.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I have a verizon Treo 650. Can i get past the limit with blazer ?

Also, does the "fast" thing just become fast cause you disable the pictures, or does does blazer actually download websites(with pictures) faster ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RiftReaper View Post
    I have a verizon Treo 650. Can i get past the limit with blazer ?

Also, does the "fast" thing just become fast cause you disable the pictures, or does does blazer actually download websites(with pictures) faster ?
    I don't think it works with CDMA at all, so Verizon won't work.

It disables pictures and cascading style sheets (both are optional) as far as I can remember. I don't actually use the "fast" mode much. It doesn't render most pages very well (especially if they have little graphics embedded throughout the page). The biggest benefit for me is the ability to download files larger than 2 MB (although I don't do that frequently at all, either).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.