Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Can anyone please help? I took my 680 apart today. I was trying to install a screen protector. When done, I put everything back together. Now my 680 has not mic. I can plug in a headset and it will work. Does anyone know what is wrong???
    Why did you take the 680 apart to apply a screen protector??
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    it gives me more space to apply the screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    Does anyone know what is wrong???
    Yeah, you fscked it up!

But seriously it sounds like you crossed a couple of wires when putting the thing back together. Or perhaps a wire has been broken or is being pinched by the case. Nothing for it but to open her back up.
    Can anyone please help? I took my 680 apart today. I was trying to install a screen protector. When done, I put everything back together. Now my 680 has not mic. I can plug in a headset and it will work. Does anyone know what is wrong???
    Yeah. You took your phone apart when you didn't need to. You have broken something inside, be it a connector, wire, or circuit board. There is no need to disassemble the phone for any of the screen protectors available for it. Putting a screen protector outside of the edges of the screen to where it goes under the bezel is not a good idea anyway. The bezel comes so close to the screen that if you put a protector there, the bezel will be putting pressure on it, causing it to touch the screen/digitizer. Not a good idea.

I good idea is never to take the phone apart unless there is no practical alternative. Screen protectors probably don't qualify for the no alternative rule, but each to his own.
    it gives me more space to apply the screen protector.
    Ummm...does the screen magically expand when separated from the device???
    No, he's right, you could get the screen protector up under the bezel that way. But it's taking a serious risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis View Post
    No, he's right, you could get the screen protector up under the bezel that way. But it's taking a serious risk.
    Yes, but squeezing the screen protector under the bezel could also interfere with the sensitivity of the touchscreen. There are numerous threads regarding problems with the digitizer or unresponsive touchscreens where the culprit turned out to be a screen protector, or some dirt, caught under the frame.
    You'll likely have to have it repaired unless you have the know-how... I'm sorry for your loss and the hassle you're about to go through. I'm also sorry you're getting so much criticism on this thread. As if screwing your treo up wasn't bad enough, you ask a depserate question and get hammered... OUCH.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInDiego View Post
    You'll likely have to have it repaired unless you have the know-how... I'm sorry for your loss and the hassle you're about to go through. I'm also sorry you're getting so much criticism on this thread. As if screwing your treo up wasn't bad enough, you ask a depserate question and get hammered... OUCH.

Good luck.
    I hardly think any of us slammed him...

I can honestly say, I have never heard of anyone taking apart a device to apply a screen protector. That is why they sell them precut slightly smaller than the screen. To fit within the screen and prevent them from getting lodged under the edges.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/1...664bmx7.th.jpg
    http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/325...665atj3.th.jpg

thanks for everyones help. it seems that the mic did not contact the circuit board very well. i had to pop the mic out and align it to the circuit board and the close the back panel. its now working perfectly. thanks again for everyones kind help and sugguestions.
    Last edited by fondoo; 02/20/2007 at 08:20 PM.
    Congrats on fixing it. You've more courage than most of us do, that's for sure.