Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.swcp3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar.gif

http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar_User_Manual.html

TreoStar will display reminders just after starting or receiving a call. You can use this to remind yourself of important things that you would like to talk about, or maybe to remember details about the caller/ callee. (TreoStar will appear in the Preferences Panel).

This beta will concatinate the Custom 1 to Custom 4 fields for display, it being limited to two lines of text. Later versions will probably have more flexibility.

What I'm looking for:
    • If it works reliably on all versions of Treos (600/ 650/ 680/ 700p, GSM/ CDMA, ROW/ CNG/ APR/....)
    • Any additional features that would be desirable.
    • Overall feedback on TreoStar.
    Features:
    • Does not (as yet) hook-up to 'hede' or 'hvch'
    • Transparent operation
    • Look-ups are slow, need to speed-it up.
    • Has not crashed my Treo in several weeks of testing.
    Please remember this is a beta version.

Uploaded v1.0b2. Previous version reset on Caller ID not found in address book.[FIXED]
    Uploaded v1.0b3. This should now work with CDMA Treos.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/22/2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: v1.0b7, pic...
    GreenHex,

Going to give it a go....wish me luck!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Going to give it a go....wish me luck!
    Good luck!

TreoStar will appear in the Preferences Panel! Forgot to mention it before.
    maybe I should download the cdma version next time?
    Dumb on my part.....give me a couple of days to play with it.
    I've installed TreoStar on my Sprint 700p. When I open the TS prefs panel, I see nothing except a checkbox at top to enable TS. Nothing happens either before or after a call.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    I've installed TreoStar on my Sprint 700p. When I open the TS prefs panel, I see nothing except a checkbox at top to enable TS. Nothing happens either before or after a call.
    That is as it should be... at least you are getting no resets.

Enter some text in the Custom 1 to Custom 4 fields of the contacts, then when you dial the number (or receive a call from that number), the text will be displayed in the call dialog.

If the contact has no text in the Custom 1 to Custom 4 fields, nothing is displayed.

Yeah, a user manual is necessary, but, this IS a beta.

- mvk
    Hey GreenHex,

I'm running this on a Sprint 700P and tried it with a contact for which I have text in Custom Field 1. I get nothing either upon dialing out or accepting a call.

FYI, I'm also using 2dial and CityID.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Hey GreenHex,

I'm running this on a Sprint 700P and tried it with a contact for which I have text in Custom Field 1. I get nothing either upon dialing out or accepting a call.

FYI, I'm also using 2dial and CityID.
    Oh hell! things are different with the 700P... Let me look into this. The biggest problem is this cannot be tested in the simulator. Though TreoStar should not interfere with other software, you could try after diabling these other apps.

[Are you sure you have enabled TreoStar in the Prefs Panel? just asking... no offense.]

- mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Oh hell! things are different with the 700P... Let me look into this. The biggest problem is this cannot be tested in the simulator. Though TreoStar should not interfere with other software, you could try after diabling these other apps.

[Are you sure you have enabled TreoStar in the Prefs Panel? just asking... no offense.]

- mvk
    None taken. Yes, the Enable TreoStar box is checked. It was actually checked by default. I can try to disable the other apps. CityID is a pain because there's no UI for it -- I basically have to delete the app.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Yes, the Enable TreoStar box is checked. It was actually checked by default.
    The coding logic is such that the preferences are not written till you press "Done". If you switch to another application via the hard buttons etc, the prefs are lost and everything is as it was before invoking TreoStar.

- mvk
    GreenHex....

Great concept! I also could not get it to work on a Sprint 700p.

I look forward to trying it out once it is running.

Keep up the great work.

E
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehamill View Post
    GreenHex....

Great concept! I also could not get it to work on a Sprint 700p.

I look forward to trying it out once it is running.

Keep up the great work.

E
    Thanks!!! This is your first post since 2003?
    Thanks!!! This is your first post since 2003?
    I think you're going to have to wait awhile for a reply
    Okay, I'm going to try this on a Cingular 680...(fingers crossed)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Okay, I'm going to try this on a Cingular 680...(fingers crossed)
    So... how did it go with the 680?

- mvk
    So... how did it go with the 680?

- mvk
    It works great!! No lag or resets Two things I think I should mention:

1. I had a lot of additional information in my Custom fields (spouse, kids, birthday info for additional family members, account numbers for utilities) and I had to move those to the "Notes" page so they wouldn't appear in TreoStar. Totally not a problem...the Treostar reminder is more important IMO. I always forget what I was suppose to tell someone once I'm actually talking to them.

2. I thought the TreoStar note would sit on the screen when I dailed or someone called in, but it doesn't. It's a popup window that comes up while the phone call has not yet connected. At first, I had answered without looking at the phone and I saw a flash of it before the call connected. When I tried it again, I saw the message stays there as long as the phone is ringing.

So anyone who uses this app just has to remember to look at the screen before the call connects, so they can see the message. I have a lot of apps on my 680 and don't use them very often, but I will be using this one a lot. Great job...thanks!!!
  17.    #17  
    It works great!! No lag or resets Two things I think I should mention:
    That really is a relief... Now only the 700p problem has to be solved.

Reg 1:
    Regarding TreoStar operation, on my 650, the pop-up comes on and STAYS ON for as long as the in/out call window is displayed. Further, when the in/out call is accepted (and the dialog is re-displayed), the pop-up is redisplayed.

I figured out that this is how people would expect it to work. I have no clue why the 680 behaves differently (the pop-up is dismissed for some reason (actually the screen is redrawn, clearing the pop-up)). More testing is required, I guess.

Reg 2:
    I am going to do away with the Custom1 to Custom4 and display only the contents of the Notes (possibly, only text between two "tokens"). I'm having problems with that so I excluded it from the beta release. This is because accessing contacts "notes" for editing is a LOT FASTER (just tap next to the name) than editing Custom1 to Custom4 fields.

- mvk
    My responses in BOLD...

Reg 1:
    Regarding TreoStar operation, on my 650, the pop-up comes on and STAYS ON for as long as the in/out call window is displayed. Further, when the in/out call is accepted (and the dialog is re-displayed), the pop-up is redisplayed.

I figured out that this is how people would expect it to work. I have no clue why the 680 behaves differently (the pop-up is dismissed for some reason (actually the screen is redrawn, clearing the pop-up)). More testing is required, I guess.

It does seem like the screen is being redrawn...a gray/white line appears across the screen, but no information. I never noticed the line before I installed TreoStar, so I uninstalled it and the line is now gone. It's as if it's trying to put the message there, but can't.

Reg 2:
    I am going to do away with the Custom1 to Custom4 and display only the contents of the Notes (possibly, only text between two "tokens"). I'm having problems with that so I excluded it from the beta release. This is because accessing contacts "notes" for editing is a LOT FASTER (just tap next to the name) than editing Custom1 to Custom4 fields.

This would be great! It's much easier to add a quick note than to switch my Custom fields around.

- mvk
    The only other thing I noticed is that when a different caller called, the same Treostar message from my test caller popped up. I do have something entered in one of her custom fields, but the message I entered for the other caller was the one displayed. I'm testing it on my 650 now, to see if it works as yours does...
  19.    #19  
    The only other thing I noticed is that when a different caller called, the same Treostar message from my test caller popped up.
    Must be beta bugs... - mvk

PS: one more thing, does the 680 call dialog window look like the 650 call dialog? or is it different?

Last edited by GreenHex; 02/20/2007 at 09:34 AM.
    The call dialog looks the same on the 680 as the 650. BTW...TreoStar works flawlessly on the 650, exactly like it's suppose to. This is disheartening because I love my 680, but I'm noticing most of the programs I want to use don't work on it. I keep finding myself going back to my 650 for things like this and ChitChat Lite...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast