Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    is disheartening because I love my 680, but I'm noticing most of the programs I want to use don't work on it.
    I'll eventually get to fixing it. If TreoStar has any future, it must work with the 680.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/20/2007 at 10:17 AM.
    That's true...it's an awesome program! It's been popping up little reminders for me all day... Will you be working on changing the entries to the note field instead of the custom fields soon?
  3.    #23  
    That's true...it's an awesome program! It's been popping up little reminders for me all day... Will you be working on changing the entries to the note field instead of the custom fields soon?
    Yeah, it's already done and working... I'll release it soon, after some little problems have been ironed out. - mvk
  4.    #24  
    Release notes:
    • Now displays contents of Contacts Notes instead of Custom 1 to Custom 4 fields.
    • Reported to work as expected with most versions of the 650.
    • Still has some problems with the 680 and 700p. (but no crashing!)
    Any future updates will be available at: http://www.swCP3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar_User_Manual.html

v1.0b6 available for download.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/21/2007 at 04:27 AM.
    I'm going to see what happens now on my 680. I'm amazed that more people are trying this
  6.    #26  
    I'm going to see what happens now on my 680. I'm amazed that more people are trying this
    I think you meant "...people aren't trying..."?

The problem (I think) is this has nothing to do with MP3 ringtones or wallpapers.

I guess it is still not working with the 680... this is going to take longer than I hoped.

Last edited by GreenHex; 02/22/2007 at 06:59 AM. Reason: are'nt -> aren't
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I think you meant "...people are'nt trying..."?

The problem (I think) is this has nothing to do with MP3 ringtones or wallpapers.

I guess it is still not working with the 680... this is going to take longer than I hoped.
    Yeah, add some skins and people will be flocking to test it.

Seriously though, I think some screen shots might peak curiosity.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Seriously though, I think some screen shots might peak curiosity.
    http://swcp3.com/TreoStar/TreoStar.gif
    I think you meant "...people are'nt trying..."?

Ummmm...no I meant aren't, the apostrophe is suppose to replace the missing letter. Are not is missing the "o". I may be a techie n00b, but spelling...I know

TreoStar is still just leaving a gray and white line across the screen during a call. It's annoying, because I really want this program to work on the 680! I'm using the 650 temporarily just for this. It has actually become pretty indispensible...I have a great memory, but tend to get sidetracked when in the middle of conversations.

891 views of the thread and only 10 views of the app???
  10.    #30  
    It's annoying, because I really want this program to work on the 680!
    I'm working to fix this... let us see how it goes. - mvk
  11.    #31  
    Ok! Christinac130 and hoovs (and any others looking forward to a 680 or 700p version),

Please test v1.0b8. This should fix the problems with Treo 680 and Treo 700p...

Remember this is a beta (a real beta!)

You may face a problem with the screen going blank (after a call) but with the TreoStar reminder in place... don't panic, just switch to another application and the screen will clear.

You may also face problems with the TreoStar display flickering, but it is a minor problem, I'll fix it in a subsequent release.

• If this works, I would like you to tell me if you face any slowdowns or sluggishness (button and screen-tap handling) during a call.

• Also do give feedback on what happens during conference calls, or when moving to another application during a call, etc.

OOPS! I forgot to mention with this version ONLY text within <ts> and </ts> tags will be displayed. This is so that information stored by other programs in the contacs memo won't conflict with the TreoStar text.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/22/2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: I forgot...
    Ok! Christinac130 and hoovs (and any others looking forward to a 680 or 700p version),

Please test v1.0b8. This should fix the problems with Treo 680 and Treo 700p...

Remember this is a beta (a real beta!)

You may face a problem with the screen going blank (after a call) but with the TreoStar reminder in place... don't panic, just switch to another application and the screen will clear.

You may also face problems with the TreoStar display flickering, but it is a minor problem, I'll fix it in a subsequent release.

• If this works, I would like you to tell me if you face any slowdowns or sluggishness (button and screen-tap handling) during a call.

• Also do give feedback on what happens during conference calls, or when moving to another application during a call, etc.

OOPS! I forgot to mention with this version ONLY text within <ts> and </ts> tags will be displayed. This is so that information stored by other programs in the contacs memo won't conflict with the TreoStar text.

- mvk
    So, you have to enter <ts> and </ts> around each note, is that what you're saying?

Okay...this is what's happening on the 680.

1. The TreoStar message only flashes while the "keyguard" screen is up. Once I disable the keyguard to answer the phone, it disappears.

2. The TreoStar message stays on the call screen for the duration of the call.

3. When I switch to the apps menu, during the call, it disappears. When I return to the phone screen, it doesn't reappear.

4. If I put the call on "hold", the TreoStar message reappears, but won't let me take the call off hold. I have to disconnect the call.

I hope this helps your development!
  13.    #33  
    So, you have to enter <ts> and </ts> around each note, is that what you're saying?
    <ts>That is correct.</ts>

To summarize:

- On the 680, the TreoStar Reminder message appears for the duration of the call (unlike in the previous release).

- It disappears if one switches to another application and back to the call screen.

- There is a problem getting off "Hold" once it is in hold. (This works properly on the Treo 650, you can try it too and post feedback).

Could you disable keyguard and try again. I'll fix this problem later... I have my hands full right now.

- In its current form, is TreoStar useful to you (on the Treo 680)?
    - Does the screen flicker? How about any sluggishness in operation?
    - Do you get the Reminder on the incoming call dialog too?

Hey, any inputs are useful in this kind of development.

- mvk
    This version causes my 700P to reset when I make any outgoing call and, although I'm not sure if it's related, incoming calls are being forced straight to voicemail.
    HTC6500CallTelephony
    Handler.cpp,Line:3390,
    InternalDisconnect
    timed out but did not
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    HTC6500CallTelephony
    Handler.cpp,Line:3390,
    InternalDisconnect
    timed out but did not
    I expected less problems with the 700p... I guess I need to do some more work on this for the 700p. The 650 + 680 version seems to be on track, though.

- mvk
    <ts>That is correct.</ts>
    To summarize:
    - On the 680, the TreoStar Reminder message appears for the duration of the call (unlike in the previous release).
    - It disappears if one switches to another application and back to the call screen.
    - There is a problem getting off "Hold" once it is in hold. (This works properly on the Treo 650, you can try it too and post feedback).

Could you disable keyguard and try again. I'll fix this problem later... I have my hands full right now.

- In its current form, is TreoStar useful to you (on the Treo 680)?
    - Does the screen flicker? How about any sluggishness in operation?
    - Do you get the Reminder on the incoming call dialog too?

Hey, any inputs are useful in this kind of development.

- mvk
    TreoStar does not appear on the screen during the incoming or outgoing call dialog, except for a brief flash when the keyguard warning pops up during incoming.

TreoStar remains on the call screen as long as I don't do anything while on the phone. There's something odd with the "Hold" feature. If I leave the call screen to go to the apps screen, on return to the call screen TreoStar is gone. If I put the caller on hold it reappears, but I cannot take the caller off hold. Now, if I never leave the call screen and try to put a caller on hold with TreoStar on the screen, I can't. So, somehow TreoStar is disabling the "hold" button.

I did tests with disabling keyguard and outgoing calls this time and it acts the same. The good news is no lags, no flickering and no resets.

For me, personally, this version is fine. I don't leave the phone screen during calls and I never put people on hold. I actually did that by accident during the first test, that's the only way I would have found that bug. But others probably multi-task more than I.

One more thing...to get to the apps screen it took two presses of the home key. One cleared the TreoStar message and the second actually took me to the apps.
    Thanks!!! This is your first post since 2003?
    I was saving myself for someone special

Actually, shortly after joining (as a Treo 300 user) my company switched us to bb.... Took 4 years and a new job to finally get back to treocentral.com with the 700p.

E
  19.    #39  
    Christinac130 and other 680 users, please try v1.0b9.

Nothing done to fix the 700p problems.

I've removed a lot of code from this version and made it quiet clean and much faster operation. It should work properly now.

Release notes:
    • The Reminder is erased when switching away from the call progress window. It appears back only on pressing the "Hold" button.

• The blank screen problem is solved.

• Keyguard issue NOT solved.

• "Hold" problem probably solved.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 02/22/2007 at 10:19 PM.
    Nothing done to fix the 700p problems.

Okay, I'm better now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast