1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just tried to do a custom ROM on my 650 Treo using the ROM TOOL from grack.com. I followed the directions so I thought and everything seemed to go smoothly. When I went to do a soft reset nothing happens. I only see the palm logo over and over. I tried to reset with the up arrow as well. I alos tried a hard reset. I don't have much data on the phone and I did a back up.

Can someone help me?

I only replaced the FAT file with FAT32 and that is all.

I am not sure what to do.

I would be so greatful anyones advice...thanks so much.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettreo View Post
    Hi,

I just tried to do a custom ROM on my 650 Treo using the ROM TOOL from grack.com. I followed the directions so I thought and everything seemed to go smoothly. When I went to do a soft reset nothing happens. I only see the palm logo over and over. I tried to reset with the up arrow as well. I alos tried a hard reset. I don't have much data on the phone and I did a back up.

Can someone help me?

I only replaced the FAT file with FAT32 and that is all.

I am not sure what to do.

I would be so greatful anyones advice...thanks so much.
    I think at this point you could try getting back to BootLoader (rainbowscreen) and then re-use ROMTool to re-load your original ROM, which hopefully you saved.

good luck!!
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    You may have a defective copy of the FAT32 file so try d/l from somewhere else.

If you really have bricked it, you will be the first using the ROM tool. I 'bricked' mine using the Shadowmite method (actually, lost the phone function ) and had to get a replacement . That didn't stop me, and now I'm really happy with the state of my T650 (I wouldn't change it for a 680 now if offered).
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    Did you say you were able to hard reset? If so, you probably aren't bricked. As long as you can get back to the bootloader, you can go back to your original ROM.

When you replaced the Fat FS file with the Fat 32, did you also install the SlotDriver__SDIO_sdsd and SmartTextEngine_Device prcs and delete the MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device prc?
    man..is this worth all that trouble.
    It is if you can get your ROM just the way you want it. When I had a 650, I customized the ROM and it worked much better than the stock rom.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    man..is this worth all that trouble.
    It is for me. I use the 650 as a backup for the 680. By using a custom ROM I was able to free up 10MB and installed fast-mode Blazer and the SD drivers to use a larger card. I no longer have to use PowerRun and the 650 is rock solid. By following the instructions, I've modified it about 10 times and it only took about 10 minutes each time. Not too much trouble for great results...
    In that case...where's teh 680 ROM tool?! Would love to get some of that other 64 MB!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    In that case...where's teh 680 ROM tool?! Would love to get some of that other 64 MB!!
    EVERYONE has been waiting for that, but it looks like it's going to be a no-go
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettreo View Post
    Hi,

I just tried to do a custom ROM on my 650 Treo using the ROM TOOL from grack.com. I followed the directions so I thought and everything seemed to go smoothly. When I went to do a soft reset nothing happens. I only see the palm logo over and over. I tried to reset with the up arrow as well. I also tried a hard reset. I don't have much data on the phone and I did a back up.
    Just a thought, but someone here or on MyTreo had a similar problem.

Lots of solutions were tried, but it turned out the problem was a faulty hotsync cable.

This meant that the original ROM he downloaded and saved was corrupt.

The solution was to get a new cable and then download off the Internet a standard ROM, and upload that one to the Treo. After that he then did a custom ROM and was happy with the result.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway