Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was wonder if xm or sirius radio work on the treo 700p, and i have kinoma 4.1.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    Yes, at least for XM Radio; You just go the musicdock website (http://mobile.musicdock.com) by way of the Blazer browser, log in and then pick your desired XM Radio channel; It will begin playing via Kinoma player.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom R View Post
    Yes, at least for XM Radio; You just go the musicdock website (http://mobile.musicdock.com) by way of the Blazer browser, log in and then pick your desired XM Radio channel; It will begin playing via Kinoma player.
    Tom, that is so cool! Thanks for the info. I am using at work and somehow it gets around the firewall. The IT guys closed down the direct access to XM radio but this gets around it somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013 View Post
    Tom, that is so cool! Thanks for the info. I am using at work and somehow it gets around the firewall. The IT guys closed down the direct access to XM radio but this gets around it somehow.
    If you are using it on your Treo 700p, that's probably because Sprint (and not your employer) is your "ISP". If you are somehow using WiFi, that's interesting, but if IT is attempting to block it, it's likely because the bandwith is affecting your work's use of the network. This would be a good reason (and probably your reason) to use Sprint to get your daily XM fix. I don't have XM, but it's nice to know it can work in Kinoma if I ever get hooked on it!

Edit: ttp://mobile.musicdock.com may be tunnelling over HTTP, which your IT could probably monitor if they use something like Snort, but they'd have to be dead set in preventing you to write their own rules for this. Still, violating any AUP your IT group has would be a career-limiting move and should be avoided.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Sorry, what I meant was I was using it on my laptop at work and getting past my firewall. No treo involved. Should have been clearer.
    how do we get a login for the musicdock site?
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    how do we get a login for the musicdock site?
    you have to login to your xm acct & enable on-line streaming/listening... And create a username & password
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    you have to login to your xm acct & enable on-line streaming/listening... And create a username & password
    I didn't even know this was possible. Thank you
    what about Sirius? anyone know?
    I've never seen anyone report that Sirius can be run on GarnetOS (PalmOS) devices (such as the 700p). A 700wx can reporedly stream Sirius using a program called "Sirius WM5".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    sprint has streaming sirius channels through their sprint tv program
    Can anyone help? I got my screen name setup via XM, and got logged in via Treo on Musicdock...and selected a genre of music and I get a message saying unsupported media format. What's the deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    Can anyone help? I got my screen name setup via XM, and got logged in via Treo on Musicdock...and selected a genre of music and I get a message saying unsupported media format. What's the deal?
    Update the player... Or sometimes just try back later.. Every once in a while I will get this error.
    yea, I have been getting the same error all day today, but it worked fine yesterday, could just be a problem with the server....
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Still not working - anyone know what's going on with it?
    i used to listen through my treo at work every day but haven't been able to do it since yesterday. they have changed something and it won't work anymore. On their FAQ's they say that it will not work on a palm powered treo. Anyone know what's up or if there's another solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33 View Post
    i used to listen through my treo at work every day but haven't been able to do it since yesterday. they have changed something and it won't work anymore. On their FAQ's they say that it will not work on a palm powered treo. Anyone know what's up or if there's another solution?
    yea just tired it... not working... dam this sucks..

The alternatives are buy an XM inno (thankfully I have) gives you better sound quality also. Or you can DUN with your computer and stream it online (I tend to do this the most along with my slingplayer).

They changed the format they use to windows media player... If you have a 700w or 700wx you are in luck.
    but if I try to use it on my home PC, which has Windows Media player, it still wont work...I dont think its anything to do with Palm, its the site or its servers...
    Ok, I already have my xm acct setup, went to the music dock site and entered my email address and password, but when trying to open up channels, it goes to Kinoma(latest ver) I get the following "GetStream_XM.asx?c=151&Key=RYKPXIKKMB908491079CDHVJTAXNN" cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file" I tried a few different channels with the same result. Any ideas? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetmann View Post
    Ok, I already have my xm acct setup, went to the music dock site and entered my email address and password, but when trying to open up channels, it goes to Kinoma(latest ver) I get the following "GetStream_XM.asx?c=151&Key=RYKPXIKKMB908491079CDHVJTAXNN" cannot be played. It may be an unsupported format, incompatible with this handheld, or an invalid file" I tried a few different channels with the same result. Any ideas? thanks
    Like I said.. On the site it said they made updates and they are only streaming in windows media and do not support palm os...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast