Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i dunno about that, it doesn't work on my Q nor does it work on the PC. But this is functional:

www.xstreamxm.com/mobile

much worse interface, but it works
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    i dunno about that, it doesn't work on my Q nor does it work on the PC. But this is functional:

www.xstreamxm.com/mobile

much worse interface, but it works

yep. I searched XM forums and this in the only thing available right now to stream your XM to your handset(Palm OS). The interface DOES suck, but atleast it works.
    At the Kinoma forum I found the following thread. It works for me.

Kinoma Thread
    Rees
    Works for me too, very cool. ReesR...or anyone..what is the best method/way to change channels? thanks
    Make a new bookmark in Kinoma for each channel you enjoy listening to. That is what I did.
    Rees
    It's working for me.

I went to musicdock...and then entered my passwords etc...but I like the suggestion of the Bookmarks above. Works great on my 700P.
    I am having issues getting on to either Musicdock or XStreamXM. MusicDock tells me my session has timed out and XStreamXM just keeps trying to load. I have the Treo 700wx and can't figure this out. I don't know if it is my browser or WMP or what it could be. Appreciate any help. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTreoUser View Post
    It's working for me.

I went to musicdock...and then entered my passwords etc...but I like the suggestion of the Bookmarks above. Works great on my 700P.
    yea...musicdock is working again...thats odd...it was down for a while...maybe they were doing some sort of updates on thier servers or something, because I have a different display on Kinoma now, while streaming....O well, now there are 2 different sites to use
    Yeah, I noticed it had stopped working on my 680, but after reading ur post I see it's back up. Cool.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    I have Palm 700p and I went to both musicdock.com and xstreamxm.com on my Treo, typed in my XM email and password and it all works. I did not have to buy any Kinoma for $25, which is great. But it did say somewhere "provided by Kinoma". I like the sound and everything.

The question that I have is that some interesting looking player pops up and I do not know what it is. Any idea?

It has a menu below with three round buttons in the middle, a "Back" button on the left and a "Maximize" button on the right, which appears to not do anything. The screensaver has a picture of two music notes and says "XM Radio Online". The menu disappears after a few seconds but it can be brought back with the 5-way control button. No other menues or explanations what this thing is!

The screen is always on, showing that boring screensaver, and the buttons are always backlit, which must be consuming a lot of battery power.
    thanks cathartic for letting me know MD was working again...it has just been awful using xstream.

The question that I have is that some interesting looking player pops up and I do not know what it is. Any idea?
    That's Kinoma's crippled internal player. They'd like you to pay for the EX player, that one allows you to turn off the screen. On the plus side, you can watch youtube videos with it
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Turns out I can turn off the screen backlight and the backlight menu completely with the Function+P shortcut! The screen still remains readable if the ambient light is decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by whothehelltook View Post
    I have Palm 700p and I went to both musicdock.com and xstreamxm.com on my Treo, typed in my XM email and password and it all works. I did not have to buy any Kinoma for $25, which is great. But it did say somewhere "provided by Kinoma". I like the sound and everything.

It has a menu below with three round buttons in the middle, a "Back" button on the left and a "Maximize" button on the right, which appears to not do anything. The screensaver has a picture of two music notes and says "XM Radio Online". The menu disappears after a few seconds but it can be brought back with the 5-way control button. No other menues or explanations what this thing is!

The screen is always on, showing that boring screensaver, and the buttons are always backlit, which must be consuming a lot of battery power.
    So was it playing completely in Blazer and didn't need an external media player? That's really cool. I'll be upgrading to a 700p or 755p from my 650 soon and I've been wondering about streaming XM. It's just too bad it keeps the screen on. Oh well, I mostly plan on using this at work so I can just have my Treo plugged in.
    Check my post #32.

The built-in Kinoma is buggy, I do not like it. I enjoy much better streamind internet radio stations through pTunes. You need to upgrade from the basic built-in pTunes, but it is well worth it. It gives you a 2 week trial. Imagine driving a car or walking in the park and listening to the hundreds of internet radio stations. They have fewer commercials than XM too. And there are no monthly fees on internet radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by whothehelltook View Post
    Check my post #32.

The built-in Kinoma is buggy, I do not like it. I enjoy much better streamind internet radio stations through pTunes. You need to upgrade from the basic built-in pTunes, but it is well worth it. It gives you a 2 week trial. Imagine driving a car or walking in the park and listening to the hundreds of internet radio stations. They have fewer commercials than XM too. And there are no monthly fees on internet radio.

Sorry, I missed that post, heh...

Are you talking about streaming Shoutcast through Pocket Tunes? I do that with my 650 and I'm sure it'll be nicer with the 700p/755p with EVDO. I was specifically wondering about XM since I already have a subscription and frequently listen to it online anyway. I haven't used Kinoma in a very long time, these days just PTunes or TCPMP.
    I do not know what Shoutcast is. In pTunes I go Tools -- Internet Radio. There are at least a 200-300 internet radio stations there, and you can add new ones if you find them on the internet.

I do not know how to add them though, there was a good thread somewhere here about several ways to add these internet radio stations.
    Can anyone help me with MusicDock? I got my new 650, installed PocketTunes, and tried MusicDock's mobile page. It just tries to download a .asx file when I select the station to listen to. Am I missing something?
    XM requires Kinoma, it won't work with pTunes
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If you use Ptunes and goto Shoutcast.com you have a better selection of stations to listen to. I use kinoma for youtube and Ptunes though.
    I got Kinoma 4 EX installed on my 755p and it works, sometimes. Both Musicdock and XstreamXM keep timing out the session. Sometimes I can't get it play at all, sometimes I can then it times out and stops. Is anyone else getting this?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast