1.    #1  
    Hi,

Does anyone out there use a Topram 4GB 150x SD card with their 700p? I just bought one, and it worked fine in my PC, copying 1.8G of files with no problem. However, when I put it into my Treo, it unmounts every 5 or 10 minutes. I have a 1G and 2G card that do not do this, so I don't think it's my Treo. I also tried reformatting the card in the Treo, on a Windows machine, and on a Linux machine...same result. I sent the card back for an exchange, but I'm wondering whether it's a compatibility issue rather than a defective card.

Anyone use one of these successfully with their 700p?

Thanks!
    Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jockeywa View Post
    700p support up to 2 GB SD cards
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Even though Palm says the 700p supports only up to 2GB cards, many people have 4GB cards working perfectly (just search this forum and you'll see).

Marc
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have used the Topram 4GB 150x for a while now. Other than it being a little slow it works fine. Did you try cleaning the contacts? I also use two Adata 8GB cards with no problems.
    I have a Transcend 150x 4GB card in my Treo 700P. No issues.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies! I'm waiting for the replacement card to arrive. Now I know that these cards *should* work with my 700p.

Marc
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    I have used the Topram 4GB 150x for a while now. Other than it being a little slow it works fine. Did you try cleaning the contacts? I also use two Adata 8GB cards with no problems.
    Where did you find the best price on those 8GB cards? Didn't you have to download something from Palm (hijacked from the 680) to make them work? I thought I read somewhere that that was available but are you saying that we don't need to do that to run a 8GB card? Thanks
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mfield View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Even though Palm says the 700p supports only up to 2GB cards, many people have 4GB cards working perfectly (just search this forum and you'll see).

Marc
    My contacts on my SanDisk Ultra II 4gb are clean and it unmounts within seconds of putting it in. I called SanDisk, and they said that they show that our 700p's only accept 2gb. They also verified its authenticity, so it isnt a fake! I had a a 'knock-off' 4gb from eBay that I just sent back, and it read in my 700p (but erased half of my music, but didnt harm my other files) and registered over 4gb of memory on that card. So, I am thinkin that it is just this type of card. It reads and formats on the a PC (Mac only reads & writes, but doesnt format) but doenst allow me to format on my Treo. When I put it back on the computer, there are the DCIM & PALM folders that the Treo makes on any SD card. Any one else out there got a Sandisk Ultra II 4gb working? Or should I just bail and get a Transcend?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Or should I just bail and get a Transcend?
    The update: I got the replacement Topram card and it had the same problem. I would recommend avoiding this card for the 700p. I "bailed" (as BMIC50 said :-) and got a Transcend 150x and it's working perfectly (there are *tons* of posts on Treocentral about the Transcencd 150x card working with the 700p; that's why I picked that one).

Marc
    Last edited by mfield; 03/04/2007 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfield View Post
    The update: I got the replacement Topram card and it had the same problem. I would recommend avoiding this card for the 700p. I "bailed" (as BMIC50 said :-) and got a Transcend 150x and it's working perfectly (there are *tons* of posts on Treocentral about the Transcencd 150x card working with the 700p; that's why I picked that one).

Marc
    Yeah, I am going to follow suit! Thanks for the update! I guess this is why Palm doesnt officially support 4GB cards.