Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I've tried 2 different brands of screen protectors and my stylus doesn't work on the apps on the screen. Anyone else find this?
    I use my stylus all the time. (A hold over from my PDA days.)

I have never had an issue with my screen protector being a problem with stylus pointing.

I use Boxwave Cyrstal.

However, I have also had no issue using my stylus with the factory shipping screen cover that was on the Treo out of the box.

Have you tried redigitizing the screen?

Cheers, Perry.
    I use a Boxwave as well. I do find that the screen is not as sensitive as my old T3 but I don't think that has anything to do with teh screen protector since I had one on the T3 as well.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680
    Make sure the protector doesn't extend too far under the edges of the screen frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    Make sure the protector doesn't extend too far under the edges of the screen frame.
    Yes, it sounds as though the screen protectors may not have been applied properly. I personally have not had this problems but this is not the first time I have seen it.
    I notice that my digitizer seems a bit less sensitive than my old T3. I assumed it was my screen protector. Maybe the new digi is just less sensitive?

SBLANTER is right. If it gets under the edges then the pressure from being pressed there by the casing can engage the digitizer. Digitizer is pure single processing too ... it only takes 1 input at a time and all others are disregarded.
    Patrick Horne
    I notice that the stylus "marks" the screen protector...like having streaks...can be annoying aesthetically in certain lights..otherwise my 680 has no problem wrt sensitivity.
    bruckwine, what screen protector do you have that's being marked? And are you using the stock stylus? The only time I ever noticed marks on the Boxwave screen protector on my T3 was in the area I used for Graffiti. The other thing to check is the stylus tip. If it's gotten a "sharp" edge, that would damage the screen protector.

Bob
    Palm IIIc=>Sony Clie T665=>Palm T3=>Palm Treo 680