1.    #1  
    I know the issue with native and Good contacts, but is it possible for me to sync my native contacts with my Mac address book so at least I have the information on my Treo ?. If I can I know that I wont be able to use the native for caller ID but would I be able to dial from them and also I have no contacts in my SMS (good or native)?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by JISystems; 02/17/2007 at 10:21 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Anyone ?? I really would be grateful of any help
    Quote Originally Posted by JISystems View Post
    Anyone ?? I really would be grateful of any help
    If you disable Good contacts (use the FileZ hack listed elsewhere, I think this is in goodguy's FAQ) your Palm contacts will sync as normal.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you for the reply. I dont want to disable the Good contacts I just want to be able to have my native contacts on the Treo for information and to use for SMS. I want to be able to sync the native contacts with causing a problem with the Good contacts. Is that possible ?

Thanks
    If you do it this way, Good contacts stay in Goodlink but now must be accessed from inside the Good menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by sulli View Post
    If you do it this way, Good contacts stay in Goodlink but now must be accessed from inside the Good menu.
    I am trying to do this too, I already have FileZ on my phone -- can someone post a link to the FAQ, please?

FWIW, this has been a Goodlink issue for years, yet they refuse to let you use Palm contacts (which is vastly superior) without jumping through these hoops.
    What annoys me so much about this problem (other than that I identified it over 3 years ago and begged Goodlink to fix it) is that I'll bet 90% of users would prefer to dial their phone using the Palm contacts. It is quicker, easier, and if you've been using Palm for years -- it's just what you want to do. Yet Goodlink forcefully blocks every link to Contacts and turns it into Goodlink Contacts, which for me is my Corporate Directory -- I never, ever dial from this. I don't even care if I can't synch with my Palm Contacts. I'll add everything new manually straight into the Palm. I just want to be able to dial from my damn address book in less than 10 steps.
    Okay, now I have seen the FAQ and deleted the Contacts file -- but I have one big problem. I am on a new laptop and all of my contacts are on my device (only). Since I've already installed Goodlink, I can't figure out how to synch all my contacts into Palm Desktop for the restore -- once I've deleted everything from my handheld. Any help on doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc View Post
    Okay, now I have seen the FAQ and deleted the Contacts file -- but I have one big problem. I am on a new laptop and all of my contacts are on my device (only). Since I've already installed Goodlink, I can't figure out how to synch all my contacts into Palm Desktop for the restore -- once I've deleted everything from my handheld. Any help on doing this?
    In your hotsync manager settings, have handheld overwrite desktop for all the settings you want (calender, contacts, etc.). Then hotsync it and all your contacts will be on your laptop.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sulli View Post
    Sorry for the dumb questions but will my Good contacts contune to update from the server the my company use and I can just sync with my desktop address book at home ?

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm View Post
    In your hotsync manager settings, have handheld overwrite desktop for all the settings you want (calender, contacts, etc.). Then hotsync it and all your contacts will be on your laptop.
    That won't work. As soon as Good is on the handheld syncing won't work. I need to delete the Goodlink Contacts program and synch, but if I do that I lose all my Palm contacts, too.