1.    #1  
    Marc,

Could you please provide us the steps to go from ver 3.0.5 (and the old EX plugin files/architecture) to 3.0.6 (and the new EX plugin files) without losing the settings for EX accounts?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    What I would do is this:

1) Shutdown ChatterEmail

2) Delete ChatterExch using the Launcher on the Treo

3) Hotsync the two prc files from www.explugin.com; they are EXSync and EXSend

4) Confirm in "About ChatterEmail" that you have ----------:o14 ; o14 is the most recent version of the EX plugin

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Should I do these steps before an OTA upgrade to 3.0.6? or after?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  4.    #4  
    Is ChatterExg a part of the "old" Ex Plugin? Does that need to be deleted as well?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Is ChatterExg a part of the "old" Ex Plugin? Does that need to be deleted as well?
    Never mind .. I just checked that this is part of the regular Chatter (not the plugin). I won't touch this file.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    What I would do is this:

1) Shutdown ChatterEmail

2) Delete ChatterExch using the Launcher on the Treo

3) Hotsync the two prc files from www.explugin.com; they are EXSync and EXSend

4) Confirm in "About ChatterEmail" that you have ----------14 ; o14 is the most recent version of the EX plugin

Marc
    I did these before an OTA upgrade. After this and the OTA upgrade, I now show ver 3.0.6 and (u118:x72:m1814). Everything looks good.

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I'll wait (at least) a few days until I'm sure you don't experience any problems I upgrade. Then I'll follow the order/procedure that you took (unless Marc suggests a better order before I do the upgrde).

thanks for asking the question and blazing the trail!
    --
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Well, I actually did this:
    1. Did OTA "stable" upgrade to 3.0.6+
    2. Did *not* start Chatter after upgrade.
    3. Deleted ChatterExch
    4. Installed two EXPlugin files
    5. Started Chatter
    Haven't had a single burp yet... and push is working fine. Moreover, I'd actually deleted my Exchange mailbox prior to OTA upgrade -- thinking that I was going to swap to IMAP. But during the process I thought "oh hell... the admins will give me crap for preventing them from turning off IMAP" and let Chatter recover the mailbox from SD when it started. Still not a single problem.

Palm... wake up and smell a bullet proof app... dump that VersaMail crap and get a real email application already.