1.    #1  
    I just found out that by not checking the "show SIM phonebook" under the preference in Phone app/Contacts tab. It will speed up the contact search.
    When I press the Phone button to turn on treo 680, the keyguard lag also lessen a little bit.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I guess so...

Hmm. Thanks.

I've never used the "show SIM book" option in Contacts, but I've always had a slight lag. How long was the lag using the "show" option?
    good tip thank you!
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    it works! thanks for the good tip!
    morris stalk
    Definitely makes a bid difference! Good catch!
    Thanks for the tip. I unchecked that SIM check as well. I never noticed any changes, but was not putting the two together.

Is NVFS to blame for the terribly slow Palm OS search function now? Searched using my T3 the other day and it shocked me how fast a screen of results filled. Palm should really try to do some refinement here. Many times when I need to search, I'm on an important call etc, and need to get data fast. Fast it aint.

Also, you mention a good point about power on / keyguard lag. This is a hassle because keystrokes are not queued. Therefore you must hit the power button and wait 1/2 second before overcoming keyguard with the center button.

So many little nags that made the original Palm Pilot a masterpiece a decade ago are being compromised these days. C'mon Palm, give the guy, that used to count stylus taps, back his job.
    Patrick Horne
    Go to Phone then manually select your network. By default, its on auto mode. First it will search all available networks. Once the list is available , choose your network and what specific band its on. It with do another search on that band after which you just select your network again. I'm not certain if this preference sticks after a soft reset but it should.

*If you continuously go to auto mode, just delete phone and network preferences in saved pref using filez or resco explorer. You also need to delete carrierprofiles2 and networkprofiles2.
    Hmm, i have ALWAYS had "show SIM phonebook"; I won't anymore... THANKS!
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    MFB,
    How do you select network within the Phone app? I've tried every menu item possible to no avail.
    Patrick Horne
  11.    #11  
    MFB, is that by deleting the two files, you won't get to the automatic mode? I really hate to select the manual choose network every time I do a reset. Do I still have the option to choose between 850/1900 and 900/1800?
    Noticed that when I have phone off and an SMS message comes in(when I turn it back on) it asks do I want to move from sim-card to phone, wonder if I will still be notified of missed sms messages by doing this
    Do everything you wanna do in life, if it's something you'll regret in the morning...Sleep Late!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith View Post
    MFB,
    How do you select network within the Phone app? I've tried every menu item possible to no avail.

Go to menu, options, select network. Upon pressing select network, you have to wait for 30 seconds. Choose what bands to search (900/1800 or 850/1900) By default, auto is enabled. Highlight your network then press ok.

Unfortunately, this option is reset to auto after a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    Hmm, i have ALWAYS had "show SIM phonebook"; I won't anymore... THANKS!
    "Show SIM" drove me crazy because it would show every number twice...wasted space IMO Especially since you can just go to the SIM book app and dial a number from there if all you need to see is the phone number and not the entire contact's information.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    Go to menu, options, select network. Upon pressing select network, you have to wait for 30 seconds. Choose what bands to search (900/1800 or 850/1900) By default, auto is enabled. Highlight your network then press ok.

Unfortunately, this option is reset to auto after a soft reset.
    This option is only available for UNLOCKED phones.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I have an unlocked Treo, and I can't find "Select Network".
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
    I have an unlocked Treo, and I can't find "Select Network".
    Cingular SIMs apparently disable this option even if you have an unlocked/unbranded model. I don't have the feature available on my unlocked 680 either.
    I have an unlocked 680 and its there. See attached image
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MFB,

I can't find it on my CNG 680. No Network or call barring options.

I'm glad for the other posts, because I was feeling a little lost.
    Patrick Horne