Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmarler View Post
    I just did another benchmark with Speedy benchmark program.

Speedy showed no difference no matter what settings I changed in PXA. Odd??? I can only guess that Speedy is a much older program and is not reading the cpu properly??? Anyone know?

I am not sure what's going on either- unless i dial pxa down VERY LOW- I seem to always get 300 (which I thought was the MHz setting but might be %)- tungston C is listed as 400 on the screen I'm using for a frame of reference. So might be PXA isn't workign right or speedy isn't measuring right- can't say...

If I set it to the % settings- Vx is 100, Tungsten C is 2000 and my treo is getting 1500.

Speedy version 6.3
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I just found that I can select treo 700p from the comparison devices- and it goes to 1515 or 303 and basically that's what I'm seeing unless I dial way down.
    Try this benchmark program. See if you get an differences.

http://www.quartus.net/products/benchmark/
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I think speedy is faulty.

with the quartes benchmark program linked just above:

at system defaults sys at 208 with 1.5 turbo so CPU is 312
    ---498% (palm IIIc is 100%)

turbo 1x(cpu at 208)
    ---332%

turbo 2x (cpu 416)
    ---671%

turbo 1x Sys 26 (cpu 26) - hold on it's still running..... hold on.... hold on... wait a second....
    --- Ok- doesn't even give a number- the bar graph is someplace between the pilot at 31% and the m100 at 71%

turbo 2.5 times
    ---800%

So pxaclocker 5.1 at the link I posted above SEEMS to be working exactly as intended- but you need the quartes benchmarker to show it. (btw dont run Good Mobile messaging at CPu of 26- takes like 6 minutes to start up-LOL)

So can anyone aim me to some good resources of settings that work well for pxaclocker- What's worth juicing up? And what wont notice if i turn it down to save battery?)

(I'll go on a limb and say that Goodlink (aka good mobile messaging) would help being sped up- but not sure if the battery will hold out on it faster...)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    hmmm... maybe not....

I just noticed that I always get the above numbers THE FIRST TIME i run the benchmark program- but the second time- it pops right back to the default of 498%. No matter if I am under clocked or over clocked at the time.

I was just about to go buy the pay version of PXAclocker but now I'm still not positive it's working. Seems like it's defaulting back to the system defaults after one operation????

Doesn't matter if I set systems defaults or program specific with PXAclocker- after the first test with benchmark it goes back to the defaults....

anyone got any other ideas.....

I guess i can just try to set back my system speeds for a day and see if the battery lasts longer or not- then from there figure out how to speed things along that need it....
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmarler View Post
    I did one benchmark with "Benchmark 2.0

Normal - 410%
    PXA - 615% (pxa set to 468)

So, at least that one benchmark shows a pretty good increase.

I'll have to see how it goes the next few days on stability.

what happens when you re-run the test?
    I used to be able to use PXA clocker on my 700p but lately it freezes (permanent white screen needing battery removal to reset) on exit when I try to enable even at factory default settings.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Ok- I'm going to vote that pxaclocker is NOT running exactly correct on the 700p.

Basically after I run certain app's it will revert to it's non-hacked speeds- but other apps it will revert to the speeds set in pxa.

this is with all programs in pxaclocker set to the sys speed. Basically i turned down sys speed to 1x turbo or 208 CPU speed. Looking to see if a SLOW speed would stick.

The first time I run benchmark is shows the decreased speed but subsequnet retests goes back to unhacked speeds.

If i go to the apps screen and then benchmark then the slow speed.

If i go to the phone screen and then use the 755p recent apps to go to benchmark it goes to unhacked speed.

blazer->recent apps->benchmark then slow speed.

Messaging app->recent apps ->benchmark unhacked speed.

docs to go->recent apps->benchmark is slow speed.

benchmark->recent apps->benchmark is unhacked speed.

if I set up a butler quick key instead of recent apps - the same holds true.

but I can go from also do
    good->butler quickkey->benchmark and get slow speed.

I need to do some more figuring but looks like perhaps it can't slow down the phone or messaging. And I still dont understand why the second and subsequent tests in benchmark revert to unhacked speed....
    For those experiencing a one time acceleration only, are there any resets in between the two runs? The lite version turns itself off after a reset. I think it does the same for apps that reside on the SD card. I do make sure PXA is on before use.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvela90 View Post
    For those experiencing a one time acceleration only, are there any resets in between the two runs? The lite version turns itself off after a reset. I think it does the same for apps that reside on the SD card. I do make sure PXA is on before use.

nope no resets.

I can run the benchmark program get a result and then 2 second later till it to test again and get the unhacked result.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    do you mind downloading the last benchmark program listed and reporting back what you get- namely does running the test over revert to unhacked speeds?
    Well, I've tried 3 benchmark programs. All 3 do the same thing now. The results show varying to no increase. Odd???

http://www.quartus.net/products/benchmark/

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/speedy.shtml

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilitie...enchmark.shtml
    it's not "odd", pxaclocker just doesn't work is all. the initial "ghost" reading could just be a glitch and nothing more.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I'm farily certain that it works ONCE very well and then doesn't work. I have no idea how it defines "once" but it's really very consistant how it works. If I slow it way down It's very obvious that it's been slowed down- so it does work for a bit. But it quickly reverts to unhacked speeds.

It seems pretty close- a shame it doesn't 'keep going'.
    efudd, I downloaded the benchmark app and I have no problem. It was 498% before PXA, 671% with it (sys x2 = 416), 835% with PXA at 520. I tell PXA to accelerate the benchmark app and can go back and forth with the same results.

I go PXA, phone, "home",bench, phone, "home", bench. I also used "home" instead of phone and same results.

Have you tried speeding up instead of down?
    Last edited by cvela90; 05/30/2007 at 10:08 PM.
    Try staying in the benchmark program and then re-running it. See if your score stays high or drops back down to normal like ours does.

So after running the benchmark program, stay in it, go Menu, Re-run (or run - depending on program.)
    I have not tried it yet but if that is the case, how do you know it is not a function of the system call used by those programs to determine speed?
    Good question. I have no idea.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    efudd, I downloaded the benchmark app and I have no problem. It was 498% before PXA, 671% with it (sys x2 = 416), 835% with PXA at 520. I tell PXA to accelerate the benchmark app and can go back and forth with the same results.

I go PXA, phone, "home",bench, phone, "home", bench. I also used "home" instead of phone and same results.

Have you tried speeding up instead of down?

You have to avoid going "home" before you go to bench.

Going HOME and then to bench like you did always works. Going to the phone or messaging app doesn't)

Set up a shortcut for bench in the phone app- then go to the phone screen and hit the shortcut key so you go straight to bench from phone- If you can get a goog speed doing that then there is something differnt on your phone then mine. And it very well could be the benchmark program.

If you get the same unhacked speeds after going from phone straight to bench then I'd vote pxaclocker is not consistantly speeding things up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12