1.    #1  
    I was hoping if someone could tell me if I'm as dumb as I think I am. I synch my treo w/ outlook, however I didn't want it to synch w/ outlook tasks (I really use tasks for my pc use, they often contain files, etc. so are impractical going off as reminders on my phone). After enduring a month or so of just 'marking as complete' on my phone, I finally figured out that I could disable hotsynch w/ tasks. THEN I took the brilliant step of deleting every task on the handheld (to get rid of them permanently off my phone <and for kicks I didn't archive the tasks to my pc either>)....of course, after I synched my outlook on pc is now completely empty. I guess I thought that once I deselected the checkmark having hotsynch w/ tasks, it wouldn't impact tasks on my pc. Is there any hope in retreieving these on my pc? I did change my view in tasks to 'completed tasks' which is also empty. Any thoughts?
    First thought -- do you have a SD card backup program in use? Restore from there and re-do your hotsync conduit to sychronize w/ tasks again to get them back in Outlook.

Second Thought -- when was you last back up of your PC? You could restore Outlook to that point. . . . .

Other than that -- I am not sure what magic there be . . . .
    Did you check the "Deleted Items" folder in the Mail folders list? Deleted tasks get dumped in there in addition to deleted mail. Not sure if that's true with Hotsync deletes though...
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Perry & Recycle!

- First, of course I don't have a backup program. I'm an *****, remember? We just push buttons and hope for the best, and when something breaks blame it on the computer

-I did actually find a fairly recent archive of everything (6 months old) in my 'archived folders' section of outlook thanks to recycle's comments. I had been looking in the deleted folders which didn't have anything within, but it gave me the idea to go searching.

Thanks to you both!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehendu View Post
    I guess I thought that once I deselected the checkmark having hotsynch w/ tasks, it wouldn't impact tasks on my pc.
    Not that it will help now, but for future reference, when you "deselected the checkmark having hotsynch w/ tasks", did you also checkmark "set as default". Without doing this, it will normally revert back.