Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I've got 5 bars and the lags are still there.
    Are you by any chance using an older version of LauncherX? That's one thing that will do it.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Are you by any chance using an older version of LauncherX? That's one thing that will do it.
    No LauncherX here.

    Tks for asking copernicus
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. bbtkd's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
       #23  
    OK - yes, to answer one Email I have all sounds off at work since it annoys others and I never hear it since I am half deaf on the side I keep the phone - and have turned off the annoying now-I-have-signal-now-I-don't alerts. To answer another, yes - the lags go away when the phone app is disabled/off.

    Based on several replies it sounds like the phone priority is the cause of most lags, but not all. Hopefully this isn't the hardware issue Palm said was a compromise to support two different OS's because it sounded to me like they didn't think they could fix that.

    Yesterday I traveled to an area which is extended network only and it got very annoying when it kept lagging while checking for the Verizon net.

    I do have a trial of Chattermail but only use POP and have noticed no lags, probably since I have to tell it when to retrieve.

    It's amazing the magnitude of bugs that end up in production models, then the manufacturer enters a denial phase where they say "we don't know what you're talking about, it must be 3rd party software or operator error". Some problems are so glaring and common across a majority of customers (like this lag) that you wonder if they even use their own products. If I were the developer and my phone had these lags it would not have gone into production or would have been fixed quickly.
  4. #24  
    Usually my 700p by sprint does not lag that much. The usual lagging is related to turning on the phone. I believe is a common problem 700p users have every day. The lag usually does not take more than 3 seconds after pressing the on button. And it happens randomly, not always. The other day everything changed and I started to remember every complain on this forums. I went to a place where my phone was switching between the extended service area(AKA roaming) and sprint service. The damn machine went crazy on me. Lag was unbearable. It took sometimes 30 seconds or more to turn on. Sometimes it looked like it was broken. Apps where not responding,freeezed etc. I turned the phone off and the Palm OS worked again like a normal Palm Device. But this left me without a phone. Palm and Sprint should solve this. It affects not only the phone but the service I am paying for having a wireless phone. And Dont get me wrong I like the device. Is the more complete and flexible smartphone device probably to date. And I have both Windows CE and Palm OS devices. And still preferred the Palm OS by far.
  5. #25  
    Nah, my Treo lags no matter where I am. Yesterday I was browsing the web, and trying to exit Blazer was taking more than 15 seconds. I emptied the cache, which didn't have much in it, and the lag was much shorter, but still there.

    Palm knew about this before they shipped the 700p; they should have addressed this before it was ever released to the wild. Failing that, they should have released a fix by now; I'm beginning to think that a fix isn't possible with the current OS, which would explain why we haven't seen anything. Following that logic, it may be that a fix will *never* be forthcoming.

    I love having all the things that my Treo brings me, but I'm really disenchanted with the device. It's Palm's own fault that, come June, I'll move to the iPhone and never buy another Palm product.
  6. SMEGGIE's Avatar
    Posts
    416 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm View Post
    Nah, my Treo lags no matter where I am. Yesterday I was browsing the web, and trying to exit Blazer was taking more than 15 seconds. I emptied the cache, which didn't have much in it, and the lag was much shorter, but still there.

    Palm knew about this before they shipped the 700p; they should have addressed this before it was ever released to the wild. Failing that, they should have released a fix by now; I'm beginning to think that a fix isn't possible with the current OS, which would explain why we haven't seen anything. Following that logic, it may be that a fix will *never* be forthcoming.

    I love having all the things that my Treo brings me, but I'm really disenchanted with the device. It's Palm's own fault that, come June, I'll move to the iPhone and never buy another Palm product.
    Yeah, as long as I can do all of the things I do now with my Treo, on an iPhone, I may leave Palm as well.

    If I can do 90% of the things I do now - the things that are very important to me - I will have no problem bailing on the Palm platform. But I want to be able to:

    Watch movies and TV shows
    Listen to at least 8 hours worth of music
    Easily get 7-day weather forecasts for multiple cities
    Use my iPhone as a storage device
    Record my calls like with Callrec
    Retrieve corporate Outlook Exchange Server email of course
    Use it as a high-speed modem
    Calendaring with Agendus-type functionality
    Text messaging
    Call forwarding
    Games
    Do error-free backups
    Access the web
    Bluetooth functionality
    Ringtone functionality
    Notepad functionality

    And I'm sure there are likely many other things that I can't think of right now because I am sick. But these are the things a new device would HAVE to be able to do in order for me to switch.


    SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

    SMEGGIE


    A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post
    Yeah, as long as I can do all of the things I do now with my Treo, on an iPhone, I may leave Palm as well.

    If I can do 90% of the things I do now - the things that are very important to me - I will have no problem bailing on the Palm platform. But I want to be able to:

    Watch movies and TV shows
    Listen to at least 8 hours worth of music
    Easily get 7-day weather forecasts for multiple cities
    Use my iPhone as a storage device
    Record my calls like with Callrec
    Retrieve corporate Outlook Exchange Server email of course
    Use it as a high-speed modem
    Calendaring with Agendus-type functionality
    Text messaging
    Call forwarding
    Games
    Do error-free backups
    Access the web
    Bluetooth functionality
    Ringtone functionality
    Notepad functionality

    And I'm sure there are likely many other things that I can't think of right now because I am sick. But these are the things a new device would HAVE to be able to do in order for me to switch.


    SMEGGIE
    I'll be waiting in line next to ya when something like this comes out
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  8. lazaruz's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post


    I'll be waiting in line next to ya when something like this comes out
    i'll bring the coffee you gotta bring the donuts - the line might be long
  9. #29  
    I think the Lagging on blazer and its slowliness its a common problem on many other Palm devices. My TX has the same problem both starting and leaving Blazer. For me is even worst. Sometimes the TX takes 20 secs just to enter and then it starts to connect taking even longer.

    Netfront was a lot more stable and snappier than Blazer on my Clie(TH55 and TJ27) For me they were and still are the best most stable Palm OS devices. I would loved to see a Smartphone by Sony with the quality the Clies had. Palm should make their devices specially the treos with Netfront in it. And you cant install neither Opera(the real one not the crippled mini) nor Netfront to the Treo. I think that the Palm OS its near its end because of these company's decisions. It looks like Palm wants to kill its own OS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions