Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I just bought one of these and it totally rocks for charging your Treo while watching movies or TV shows on your 700P while on a plane. With this thing plugged into your 700, you arrive at your destination with a fully charged battery and then you can fully charge your battery another 3-5 times with it before having to recharge it. It's a battery dream come true!! Check it out here:

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=314

-Universal Mobile Device Batteries
    -Portable power solutions for mobile devices.
    -Availability and productivity on the go.

APC Universal Mobile Device Batteries provide your mobile devices with extra power when you need it most. They can be used as emergency batteries, or simply as a way to get extra runtime so you can leave your heavy charging adapters home. These external battery packs supply power via a USB port to any mobile device that can be powered using a USB charging cable (sold separately), like mobile phones, iPods, PDAs and more. They are also small and light enough to carry in your pocket. Now you never have to be stranded without the battery power to make a call on your mobile phone or retrieve data from your PDA. Choose from rechargeable solutions or one that uses common "AAA" batteries.

It is small and light which makes it perfect to travel with.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

A bigger Treo fan than I'll admit.
    This isn't anything new or revolutionary as they have been around from other companies for a while now.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    This isn't anything new or revolutionary as they have been around from other companies for a while now.
    Hmmm...thanks for your expert commentary.

I have never seen one that uses a Lithium Polymer battery. I have seen - and have used - the AA battery extenders but this one rocks.

If you're not interested in it - don't comment on it.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Looks bad ***. Nice link. Thanks for posting this up.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bananaphoneman View Post
    Looks bad ***. Nice link. Thanks for posting this up.
    It is. It holds so much power it's amazazing. This totally removes the need (as well as my historical methodology) of having more than one battery for your Treo. This thing really kicks a.s.s.!!

SMEGGIE
    Last edited by SMEGGIE; 02/17/2007 at 01:01 PM.
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Thanks for the tip. I bought one yesterday at Circuit City. A nice thing about this is not having to change the battery while you're in the middle of a phone call, etc.

Don
    I bought one of these last night, but it would not charge my Treo 680 nor my wife's 650. Do you need a special cable for this thing to work?
    I'm using the cable that comes with my Treo, which charges fine through the USB port on my desktop PC.
    The device can charge my iPods though, so the device is working well.
    Anybody get this to work on their Treo?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I use cables like these because they break down nice and small:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...gn=TreoCentral

Any cable with USB on one end and a phone connector on the other should work. I have two of them and they are absolutely indispensable.

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Quote Originally Posted by SMEGGIE View Post

Any cable with USB on one end and a phone connector on the other should work.

SMEGGIE
    Thanks Smeggie!
    Have you tried using the cable that comes with the Treo? Does it charge the phone. Because mine won't
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaratt View Post
    Thanks Smeggie!
    Have you tried using the cable that comes with the Treo? Does it charge the phone. Because mine won't
    Nope. Never tried that one. Your best bet is to buy one of these smaller ones anyway. I have two of these APC battery chargers and I love 'em!! I take them everywhere!!

SMEGGIE
    Yer pal,

SMEGGIE

Thanks again Smeggie for the info. I'll try these cables you suggested