1.    #1  
    Has anyone managed to fix the Treo 680 freezing issue. It seems to happen at random times for me and it is completely related to losing the carrier. The LED flashes red and once it obtains the carrier info, it resumes operation.

I am wondering for those of you that have NOT experienced it...

Are you using a 3G or standard SIM?
    Are you in a 3G area?
    Do you bounce in and out of service a lot?

I am just trying to narrow down my options as to what may be causing it. It seems to happen once every few hours if the phone and data are in heavy use, otherwise just once a day or so.

Thanks much.
    That's quite alot. How long have you had your sim?
  3.    #3  
    I have had my SIM for a while. I also use it in a Treo 750 and a Blackjack and it works fine.
    I see a 10s delay when I reset around the time it connects the phone and GPRS, never seen it otherwise.
    nope - no issue like this - I have the 3g SIM - you could have a bum unit if the SIM works ok in the other handhelds.

Did you contact Cingular about this?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Mine's a Cing 680 with 3G SIM. I live on the fringe of a 3G area just outside of Atlanta. I travel all over the US and almost always have a full signal and no freezing. I have done the camera fix and have my time set to auto update. I auto check 2 e mail accounts every 30 mins 7A to 11P and have bluetooth on from 8A to 6P. My 680 works better than my 650 ever did. Battery down to 40% at 11P after coming off the charger at 7:30A. Maybe you have an app auto updating in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by Codeworks View Post
    Has anyone managed to fix the Treo 680 freezing issue. It seems to happen at random times for me and it is completely related to losing the carrier. The LED flashes red and once it obtains the carrier info, it resumes operation.

I am wondering for those of you that have NOT experienced it...

Are you using a 3G or standard SIM?
    Are you in a 3G area?
    Do you bounce in and out of service a lot?

I am just trying to narrow down my options as to what may be causing it. It seems to happen once every few hours if the phone and data are in heavy use, otherwise just once a day or so.

Thanks much.
    I'm just outside of Atlanta, too. I haven't had anymore freezing issues since I replaced my 3G SIM for the second time. I have no idea if I'm in a 3G area. Does it matter since the 680 doesn't support it?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I don't think being in a 3G area really matters. By the way the 3G area is inside of 285, most of Gwinnett and Fulton and Dekalb. Blazer is so much faster on the 680 as compared to the 650 I don't know why I would need 3G.

JSJSJS

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm just outside of Atlanta, too. I haven't had anymore freezing issues since I replaced my 3G SIM for the second time. I have no idea if I'm in a 3G area. Does it matter since the 680 doesn't support it?
    The only freezing I've experienced seems to be related to synchronizing the Treo's time with the network time. I turned that off, and haven't had it freeze since.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    My 680 only freeze's when I try to format the SD card, and when I get the Gibberish letters, (3times so far) I have a fireball 3g sim
    Quote Originally Posted by jackskid View Post
    I don't think being in a 3G area really matters. By the way the 3G area is inside of 285, most of Gwinnett and Fulton and Dekalb. Blazer is so much faster on the 680 as compared to the 650 I don't know why I would need 3G.

JSJSJS
    I kind of thought Gwinnett and Dekalb were more "rural" than say Cobb. Is that not correct? Why wouldn't the more populated areas have 3G?