1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I use a 700P with Sprint and recently ordered a new PC with MS Vista Home Premium installed on it.

I read Palm's info regarding Vista compatibility with the Palm Desktop - It works and Quick Install - It does not work. However I much prefer learning about this issue from any of you familiar with the topic, so:

Anyone using the Palm Desktop with this OS?

What if any compatibility issues are there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Pete
    It will not install. I tried installing palm desktop on my computer and I get an error code of 2738. I did a search and the only thing that came up was an upgrade of the windows script host was required. But that was for Windows XP. I am not sure why it will not install on vista.
    I've installed Palm Desktop from my Sprint 700p CD onto my Vista (Home Premium) system and it worked just fine. I've HotSync'd several times over the past week with no problems.
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    were you able to install any 3rd party applications?
    morris stalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
    Hello all,

I use a 700P with Sprint and recently ordered a new PC with MS Vista Home Premium installed on it.

I read Palm's info regarding Vista compatibility with the Palm Desktop - It works and Quick Install - It does not work. However I much prefer learning about this issue from any of you familiar with the topic, so:

Anyone using the Palm Desktop with this OS?

What if any compatibility issues are there?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Pete
    I believe that the answer might hinge on whether your version of Vista is 64-bit or 32-bit. The 64-bit version requires 64-bit drivers, which appear to not exist as far as I can tell.
    --invention is the mother of necessity
    The CD would install. hotsync works partially, but quick install would not work. This means you cant install anything to the device. Vista and palm do no match. just yet
    I can confirm that the 64bit version of Vista does not work with the current palm software.
    You can download MS Virtual PC 2007 as a temporary workaround. Then install Windows XP inside the VPC. Free download from Microsoft here.