1.    #1  
    Okay so I just got a Treo 650, so give me a break. I have been able to play around with it a little bit, I just have one question. In order to turn of the ringer, is there any shorcut you can do it, instead of going into preferences and turning the volume off for everything. Now I know it has a volume key on the side but that doesn't shut the ringer off completely trust me I was at church and it still rang. Any help would be appreciated.

+Hiram
    Hiram, You are going to be sorry that you asked. See the switch on the top? Switch that away form the antenna and you're done. You can download the user guide from the Palm site.
  3.    #3  
    wow I am sorry. Thanks bro I can't believe I didn't see that
    There is also a utility called Profiles 1.01 which lets you set up different profiles (like most cell phones have). So you can create one for Normal, Silent, Outdoors, etc....having volume and vibration set differently for each. Sometimes this gives you more flexibility than just switching off the ringer. It is freeware and works surprisingly well.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=55044
    Very nice folks, very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    But of course we're nice! We're always nice... The First Time!
    -mbd26
    Kudo's to the reply....that could have been bad with that question!!
    He's (I'm assuming the OP is a "he") has an interesting screen name I'm sure he's referring to his Treo and stylus, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer View Post
    There is also a utility called Profiles 1.01 which lets you set up different profiles (like most cell phones have). So you can create one for Normal, Silent, Outdoors, etc....having volume and vibration set differently for each. Sometimes this gives you more flexibility than just switching off the ringer. It is freeware and works surprisingly well.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodid=55044
    Thanks for this link- the one thing I miss from the blackberry was the option of different ringer profiles. This looks like it will do the trick.

Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post