Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone have a recommendation for games for my 5 year old? I would love to be able to pull out my Treo when he's getting restless in a restaurant.

~J.
    ShapeShifter, Bejeweled, and Mini Golf are pretty fun, and probably easy enough for a 5-year old.

Bzzz and Zuma are also easy. They're kinda boring for me, but a kid might enjoy them.

I love Bike or Die, but I'm not certain whether a 5-year old would have the dexterity to handle it yet.

You can try most of these before buying.
    Diddlebug - would keep my little one entertained long enough for us to enjoy our meal after she finished. -g-
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Bombel. Trust me, most kids love it, and it couldn't be simpler.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I'm not sure which device you have...

On my 650 I use Froggy (just like Frogger), PacDude 100%, Yahdice and Timbiriche. Timbiriche is where you draw the lines to make the squares...most squares wins. My little ones love it because they can act big using my "computer" instead of drawing the lines on paper.

Unfortunately, only Yahdice and Timbiriche work very well on my 680. I usually have to carry the 650, 680, the Firefly, the SEw810i (for music), three Game Boys and a PSP to keep all four of them happy during a long outing. Of course, that's including the two DVD players in the car for long rides. I remember when my parents used to tell me "Go read a book" when I was bored...
    My kiddos have three favs on my treo:

their most requested a freebie called video jigsaw. you can get it here:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-945.html

They also love using bug me to draw color pictures. I have quite a collection of pictures they have drawn on my treo.

the third fav is pinballz
    shareware 12.95 here: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=28118
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Astraware's StarPop.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    my 6 year old loves Chuzzle
    I do this all the time w/ my kids (3 & 6) -

I use a program (really a kind of launcher) called PDA Playground to "lock" the kids into only the applications I want the to have access to. I think PDA Playground might be called KidZone now (not sure). It came prepackaged with these:

"Scratch" (pattern covers the screen that you "scratch" off with the stylus to reveal a picture)

"Match" - uncover tiles with patterns two at a time to find matches, gets increasingly hard.

Paint - electronic coloring book with a library of pictures to color
    Memoria, a card memory/matching game. MatchWho, a police-profile type of face-creating program. Also PalmSimon, CocomutFern (Connect 4) and TicTacToe. Finally, Bzzz and Video Jigsaw as mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I do this all the time w/ my kids (3 & 6) -

I use a program (really a kind of launcher) called PDA Playground to "lock" the kids into only the applications I want the to have access to. I think PDA Playground might be called KidZone now (not sure). It came prepackaged with these:

"Scratch" (pattern covers the screen that you "scratch" off with the stylus to reveal a picture)

"Match" - uncover tiles with patterns two at a time to find matches, gets increasingly hard.

Paint - electronic coloring book with a library of pictures to color
    Unfortunately PDA Playground is no longer available.
    PDA Playground has resurfaced as KidsZone, now offered by Beiks:

http://www.beiks.com/palm/ShowTitle.asp?TitleID=542
    3D Air Hockey from Handmark is great fun; also Bowling Deluxe by Deluxeware.
    Known to be addictive for all ages!

http://www.oopdreams.com/ce/bubblets/
    Good to know that PDA Playground has found a new home.
    PDA Playground/Kids Zone is great! Thanks!
    Chuzzle. But I don't recommend giving a Treo to a 5 year old unless you want to see it drowning in his soup as he pretends it’s a submarine
    My 6 year old granddaughter loves memory-type games and my 5 year old grandson is the one who is likely to use my Treo as a missle, a light saber, or a submarine.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    my 5 year old son LOVES "Another Ball", ..which is a breakout clone! Good thread, btw, ..my TREO has always cured his boredom.

for longer periods of distraction (plane trips to visit the grandparents), ..i always pull some of his shows off of our Tivo (eTivo) and encode them to fit the TREO screen (Virtual Dub) and then use TCPMP (Core) player for him to watch them. works very well.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    We started our five year old playing chess, and now he is a champion with a room full of trophies. It was his idea after he saw a chess board. Once he learned to play on a regular board, I started handing him my treo for a quick chess game. He needed a little help at first, but quickly learned how to use a couple of chess games. Not only does chess keep him busy, but it is also good exercise for a child's mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast