1.    #1  
    yeah hi: i'm new, and i'm sure this has been posted in the past, but- when i use the browser and am waiting for page to download, my phone will shut-off. is there any option where you can change this?
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouver dc View Post
    yeah hi: i'm new, and i'm sure this has been posted in the past, but- when i use the browser and am waiting for page to download, my phone will shut-off. is there any option where you can change this?
    There are several ways to override the systems built-in 30s auto-off feature.

My favourite way at the moment is to use the free software from Steven Goh:

TreoMax see post #62 of this thread

to easily set auto-off to *Never* when Im using a partic app (hit L-shift and R-shift)

and to increase the default auto-off to 3mins (or whatever you want) using Juergen Switzers (freeware: edit: actually the latest version is now shareware) AutoOff

cheers
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 02/15/2007 at 01:42 AM.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  3.    #3  
    perfect. thanks a bunch- i'm realizing there is a whole lot out there that i had no clue about
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouver dc View Post
    perfect. thanks a bunch- i'm realizing there is a whole lot out there that i had no clue about
    thats the spirit! Some could be upset that Palm didnt include such options in the first place.....but where would the fun be then???
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.